THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

Nice work.

Just want add a note to Failsafe/RTH where you have lost sight of the phantom.
It's been stated that before you trigger RTH, push up on the left stick to get some height and then trigger the RTH. This will avoid tall obstacles. If you cant see it, just assume it ascends at 6 meters a second. in 10 seconds, it should be 60 meters up. You can now trigger RTH.

Excellent manual!! One suggestion... Sometimes the compass can get out of calibration to the point that even the assistant software cannot calibrate the compass and a manual intervention with a physical magnet is necessary to bring the compass back into range that the assistant software can deal with. Recommend putting a blurb in about this and referencing Colin Guinn's youtube video describing in detail how to fix this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg. I actually had to perform this one time and it works!

Fantomas said:
Thanks to all for your good words/comments. Helps me keep going. I really appreciate :)

Got something to ask everyone. Should I summarize a bit more or you're ok with all the detailed descriptions/comments I put in?

I would say leave the details in for now... I don't know if it's possible with the pdf version you have, but if you can hyperlink the table of contents items to where it resides in the document that would be great. Assume I have this pdf on my iPad and I'm out in the field... i have an issue i remember is in the manual.. i switch from the DJI app to the pdf file, look at the table of contents and touch or select the section that takes me right to the place where i need to be without having to page through twenty something pages to find it... Just an idea...

Maybe put something in on: :?:

How will the Phantom react and what to do when you loose GPS signal (less than 6 satelites) in Ground Station, busy with a waypoint flight.

And how to disengage or discontinue Ground Station when this happens.

Thanks

I don't recall seeing this in the manual... but GPS reception is very important. For people who have issues with weak GPS satellites locked, it's not a bad idea to use a tool to check and see exactly how many GPS satellites should be visible based on a certain day and time. Most use this tool: http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com.

Fantomas said:
pjw73nh said:
Fantomas,

I was able to get the Aug 22 ver from your dropbox just fine.

But upon re-reading it, I believe there may be an error. Under the FLYAWAY B 1 section, you mention when switching S1 to Atti,, "you'll be flying without GPS or compass". From what I've read in the past, in Atti mode compass still works, just no GPS. Maybe someone can confirm this for us.

Thanks.

This one was from Cahutch. I was not sure myself also.
Cahutch or any other members, could you confirm that when in ATTI, the compass is still active or not??
In fact, I would really appreciate if someone could tell me exactly what is active or not when in ATTI. Reference would be great.

Thx

I've made a few corrections on ATTI, Compass and GPS in the updated version of the guide.
Unless proven otherwise: Compass is NOT Off when flying in ATTI. Sorry for the confusion.

I may have been wrong.
If you are in Course Lock mode, the compass has to be used.

It remains to be seen however if the compass is used in Atti mode when IOC is off. We don't have a definitive answer on this.

Maybe I'll try flying in atti mode with my compass unplugged. Maybe...

srandall25 said:
Fantomas said:
Thanks to all for your good words/comments. Helps me keep going. I really appreciate :)

Got something to ask everyone. Should I summarize a bit more or you're ok with all the detailed descriptions/comments I put in?

I would say leave the details in for now... I don't know if it's possible with the pdf version you have, but if you can hyperlink the table of contents items to where it resides in the document that would be great. Assume I have this pdf on my iPad and I'm out in the field... i have an issue i remember is in the manual.. i switch from the DJI app to the pdf file, look at the table of contents and touch or select the section that takes me right to the place where i need to be without having to page through twenty something pages to find it... Just an idea...

I wanted to do that since the beginning but I'm no Word/PDF expert :(
Anyone knows the procedure to create "Working" Hyperlinks in Word and make them work also if the document is converted to PDF?

srandall25 said:
Excellent manual!! One suggestion... Sometimes the compass can get out of calibration to the point that even the assistant software cannot calibrate the compass and a manual intervention with a physical magnet is necessary to bring the compass back into range that the assistant software can deal with. Recommend putting a blurb in about this and referencing Colin Guinn's youtube video describing in detail how to fix this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg. I actually had to perform this one time and it works!

Done, thanks.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

GustavL said:
Maybe put something in on: :?:

How will the Phantom react and what to do when you loose GPS signal (less than 6 satelites) in Ground Station, busy with a waypoint flight.

And how to disengage or discontinue Ground Station when this happens.

Thanks

I haven't tried the Ground Station yet. I've heard there are still too many issues with it.
Anyone knows the answer?

Fantomas said:
srandall25 said:
Fantomas said:

I wanted to do that since the beginning but I'm no Word/PDF expert :(
Anyone knows the procedure to create "Working" Hyperlinks in Word and make them work also if the document is converted to PDF?

Forget what I said...I FINALLY FOUND THE WAY!!!!
TOC is now clickable and all the Web links are working.

Just download THE guide again. (Same link as before).

cahutch said:
Fantomas said:
FWI (in the Guide) :)
Hover accuracy is +/- .8m (GPS/ATTI); Horizontal hover accuracy is +/- 2.5m (GPS only).

I heard somewhere (you know from the Colin guy :D) that since the Phantom cannot connect to military grade satellites. The GPS is not perfect.
So it WILL move even if no wind at all.
,,,(snip)
The military uses the same satellites. They stopped adding the random error for civilian use years ago.
Accuracy is mostly determined by the quality of the GPS receiver. Timing and phase differences between the different satellites can only be counted as accurately as the timers and phase detectors on the receiver. The military uses more expensive GPS receivers that can more accurately calculate the timing differences between satellites.
However, even with the best equipment there is still a theoretical accuracy limit from the position accuracy of the satellites themselves.
Although the Military does use better GPS receivers it's not the main reason they get better accuracy. The Military does use the same GPS satellites, but there are two different carrier signals sent from the GPS. One carrier signal is open and available for every day use like in our Phantoms or Garmins, etc. The other carrier signal is restricted and encoded for military use with estimated accuracy down to a few centimeters :cool: - the actual resolution is classified.
Google is your friend.

Hi Everyone,

Would you believe there's a new, updated version of THE guide now available for download...v. Aug-27-2014
I'm sure you do ;) ;)

I have updated the following sections:
- FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Know your switches (Big update here)
- Always be prepared for the Worst
- HOW TO AVOID FLYAWAY

Made a few corrections here and there.

AND...drum rolls...in case you didn't already know, the TOC and URL links are now fully clickable!!!!

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mce ... e.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put in for this.

Thanks a lot. Vey useful guide indeed...

This guide seems to be the only place I have found to explain why my Phantom dropped out of the sky. Thanks

johnthornburg said:
This guide seems to be the only place I have found to explain why my Phantom dropped out of the sky. Thanks

Where in the guide did you find your explanation?
Was it clear/detailed enough?

I'm requesting your input here.

Anyone think there's something missing in "Always be prepared for the Worst" section or all you need to know is there already?

I am confused about the CSC. You say using CSC is better to crash then have it fly away. I agree with that in most cases but everything I have read says you cant do a CSV in the air. So which is it?

I downloaded this but appears you have updated it so I am starting over :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers