THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

rrmccabe said:
I am confused about the CSC. You say using CSC is better to crash then have it fly away. I agree with that in most cases but everything I have read says you cant do a CSV in the air. So which is it?

I downloaded this but appears you have updated it so I am starting over :)

Have a look at the DJI User Guide V1.4. Page 26, Sect. 2.2:
Quote. Do not execute CSC during normal flight. This will stop the motors and cause the aircraft to drop without control. End Quote

I won't try it just to test if DJI if telling the truth :)
Anyone did?

I dont know. I would test it if I could figure out a safe way :)

Just everyone says you cant shut one off in mid air.

Here we go again!

Hi Everyone,

An updated version of THE guide now available for download...v. Aug-29-2014
I have updated the following sections:
- Flight Environment Requirements
- Always be prepared for the Worst
- Compass Calibration

Made a few corrections/reformatting here and there.

I think this 'lil monster is about to be completed; I cannot think of anything else to add. :p
BUT if you think I missed a section, please let me know.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

awesome work... so does this pretty much mean that when a noob comes to the forum and asks a question we can say "please refer to the ultimate guide for all Phantom owners"...? lol

This is an excellent job.

I would like to see a section where it recommends a new user goes out to an open field and does the following assuming the are configured for it.

Initiate failsafe from a low altitude (under 66'), and from about 100' so they can understand what is going to happen if they are flying in a wooded area and end up in a RTH situation. Also mention resetting home from elevation to gain safe RTH height if needed. I don't think I saw that.

Also fly around in front and back and initiate homelock and get a feel for how it works.

Not to mention take the aircraft between GPS and ATTI with a little breeze to know what to expect.

I feel much better about getting out of most situations after doing all this under a controlled environment. This is the first thing I recommend to a newbie because if you can eliminate the confusion of what is going on when something happen then MOST of the time it becomes easy to deal with.

Also VERY important to know how to get it back into GPS mode and under control when you lose connectivity and its doing a RTH.

srandall25 said:
awesome work... so does this pretty much mean that when a noob comes to the forum and asks a question we can say "please refer to the ultimate guide for all Phantom owners"...? lol

What else would you say... :D :D :D
This guide is THE best. One place=All the answers.
Wish I had access to this when I first started....
Would have save me lots of headache.

rrmccabe said:
This is an excellent job.

I would like to see a section where it recommends a new user goes out to an open field and does the following assuming the are configured for it.

Initiate failsafe from a low altitude (under 66'), and from about 100' so they can understand what is going to happen if they are flying in a wooded area and end up in a RTH situation. Also mention resetting home from elevation to gain safe RTH height if needed. I don't think I saw that.

Also fly around in front and back and initiate homelock and get a feel for how it works.

Not to mention take the aircraft between GPS and ATTI with a little breeze to know what to expect.

I feel much better about getting out of most situations after doing all this under a controlled environment. This is the first thing I recommend to a newbie because if you can eliminate the confusion of what is going on when something happen then MOST of the time it becomes easy to deal with.

Also VERY important to know how to get it back into GPS mode and under control when you lose connectivity and its doing a RTH.

Excellent ideas: To try it before it happens for real... I will make a few additions/changes using what you said. Thanks.

About your last point. Have a look at the "Always be prepared for the worst - Failsafe" section (look under Regain Control). I think all you need to know is there. Otherwise let me know if it's not clear enough.

Yes but the guide sucks. You have already compiled better info!

rrmccabe said:
Yes but the guide sucks. You have already compiled better info!

100% right. ;)

Anything missing from THE guide?
I really want this one to just be the BEST one...
Comments/New ideas are ALWAYS welcome. :p

Is it possible to make a list of the most common abbreviations?

I'm fairly new to quadcopter-flying and when I'm reading about it I stumble upon a lot of abbreviations which I do not really understand.

Ton

Please, What is the "mode1" versus "mode2" setting in the Sticki Calibration page of the RC assistant?

Thanks very much for going to all the trouble to pull this together. Don't you wish DJI would put something like this in every box sold? Really great. And I love the DropBox sharing.

Thanks again for posting!

On page 3, you state "Need to Know: Even if you loose the Second Channel (Video/Telemetry) because of distance(~500-700m) and get the ”Control Signal Lost” warning, the First Channel might still be functioning to bring the Phantom back (~400m(CE) /
~800m(FCC))."

If you lose the 2.4 wifi signal, it will not say "Control Signal Lost'... It will say "Phantom Connection Lost". If it says 'Control Signal Lost', the 'first channel' as you described will not be functioning. It will go into failsafe mode and then state "Coming Home". I think what you meant to say was "Phantom Connection Lost"... There are two very distinct signal loss messages. There is the "Control Signal Lost" for the 5.8 and the "Phantom Connection Lost" for the 2.4.

srandall25 said:
On page 3, you state "Need to Know: Even if you loose the Second Channel (Video/Telemetry) because of distance(~500-700m) and get the ”Control Signal Lost” warning, the First Channel might still be functioning to bring the Phantom back (~400m(CE) /
~800m(FCC))."

If you lose the 2.4 wifi signal, it will not say "Control Signal Lost'... It will say "Phantom Connection Lost". If it says 'Control Signal Lost', the 'first channel' as you described will not be functioning. It will go into failsafe mode and then state "Coming Home". I think what you meant to say was "Phantom Connection Lost"... There are two very distinct signal loss messages. There is the "Control Signal Lost" for the 5.8 and the "Phantom Connection Lost" for the 2.4.

You are right :oops:
Will make the correction in my next update.

Thanks again.

TonG said:
Is it possible to make a list of the most common abbreviations?

I'm fairly new to quadcopter-flying and when I'm reading about it I stumble upon a lot of abbreviations which I do not really understand.

Ton

All here:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23402

Take care and fly safely.

la_panza said:
Please, What is the "mode1" versus "mode2" setting in the Sticki Calibration page of the RC assistant?

If memory serves me well. Mode 2 (the default) simply means that your left stick is your throttle/yaw stick, right stick is for moving forward/backward...
Switch to Mode 1, and the sticks functions are reversed. Right is now your throttle stick, Left control movements.

rbhamilton said:
Thanks very much for going to all the trouble to pull this together. Don't you wish DJI would put something like this in every box sold? Really great. And I love the DropBox sharing.

Thanks again for posting!

My guess is that they wont. They want you to crash, buy another one, crash it again...
Just kidding... or am I??? ;) ;)

Thank YOU for the nice comment, BTW. Really appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

A updated version of THE guide is now available for download...v. Sep-02-2014
I've updated a few sections, add some new very interesting goodies, made a few corrections/reformatting here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Will take a look tonight. Thanks for all your hard work!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik