the phantom - on steroids!

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CLIpBpLV90[/youtube]

Guy launches his bird with several cows for an audience.
They aren't even bothered by it.

Lazy cows too! What a big UAV to carry just a Hero camera!!

The fact that it's in a + configuration instead of an x configuration really bothers me for some reason, but other than that, it's a pretty nice looking quad.

I hate to rain on their parade, but for what they're using it for, that quad is complete over kill. It should be able to lift a considerably bigger payload for mapping ... a large format camera or perhaps some very capable LIDAR stuff. Instead they have what looks like a Sony Nex.

I hate to be the one to say it, since I'm the one who sells the mounts, but a Phantom 2 is a way better platform for that, because it's cheaper, easier to get in the air and has off the shelf, light weight ground stations available for it.

All that size, and not even a decent gimbal, so the video sways around all over the place? I don't get it.
And barely touched on the touted gps auto waypoint flight, so can't even tell if the size was to accomplish a long distance self navigated flight or not.
Weird. I think I'll stick with my P2 with H3-3D Gimbal, the video is more stable, and the whole lot packs into a Go Professional Case that fits behind my driver's seat.

The only thing that impressed me in that was how laid back our 4-legged friends were!

Those cows must see UFO's on a regular basis.

Think of all the batteries that thing could carry - two-hour flights?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl