Test flight P3S, FW 1.8.10, Go app 2.9.1 Results for you

In another group I am member in we have also have found 1.7.9 and go app 3.0.1 and older is the best with no issues. 3.1.0 and up started using the "here" maps and issues started coming up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep - trouble seems to start with the later 3 version Go apps.

Nigel

screen recorder app for phone/tablet

Yep ... I would give links to them - but all act slightly different ... I have already discarded Mobizen - really don't like it !! Genius Game Screen Recorder - was really good WITH sound as well - but crapped out when I changed Go ... now I am on DU Recorder which is about as stable as I have had but is only Android.

Nigel

Here you go ... more tests !

Had a filter ND8 on there ... think it a bit too dark ...

Nigel

Well I think after all this I have decided that for me .... and please note I am only referring to ANDROID as I do not use ios / Apple

FW 1.07.009 and Go app 2.9.1 is the best combo ....

With Go 3.0.0 I had strange disconnects and some video lag .... this video stream problem seems to dog the 3.x.x versions.

Here is a later 'screen' video of Go 3.0.0 .... 2000m ....

Then another from on-board second battery and 1800m

Nigel

Well I think after all this I have decided that for me .... and please note I am only referring to ANDROID as I do not use ios / Apple

FW 1.07.009 and Go app 2.9.1 is the best combo ....

With Go 3.0.0 I had strange disconnects and some video lag .... this video stream problem seems to dog the 3.x.x versions.

Here is a later 'screen' video of Go 3.0.0 .... 2000m ....

Then another from on-board second battery and 1800m

Nigel
Did you also compare 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, was thinking the disconnect and lag with fixed with 3.0.1, maybe.
That's what I've been using with good results.

3.0.1 here too now.
Latest with gmaps and working much better than 3.1.2

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

3.0.1 here too now.
Latest with gmaps and working much better than 3.1.2

If your saying version 3.0.1 has Here maps ? It does not, it's what I have and use. Unless it changed overnight.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

If your saying version 3.0.1 has Here maps ? It does not, it's what I have and use. Unless it changed overnight.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
Yeah.. I meant that I'm useing v.3.0.1 in here too now. My bad :)

Did you also compare 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, was thinking the disconnect and lag with fixed with 3.0.1, maybe.
That's what I've been using with good results.

Yes I did and both lagged similar and with disconnects. I have had disconnects with 2.9.1 as well .... but only once.

I have purposely flown same route, same pattern to get as reasonable comparison as possible.

Also I use a middle road Android - Nexus 7 vers 2 16Gb - so as not to cover up by using a higher spec tablet.

I am sure that some will disagree ... no problem. I am only trying to pass on what will work from the effort I spent to test them all ... and to allow those who don't want to do similar to have a working setup.

Nigel

How do you downgrade the android app with the file you linked to? Do you just transfer the file to the android device and open it?

How do you downgrade the android app with the file you linked to? Do you just transfer the file to the android device and open it?
YES, you download the file but before you open it make sure you uninstall the current Go app on your device.
You also may have to change a setting to allow an apk from unknown sources on your device.

I did not have any issues with the newest go app but I'm thinking about rolling back after this thread just in case

Also make sure you change settings to prevent automatic update. Otherwise - it will update Go and you will be back to 3.1.2 again !

I have the Notify updates still checked - so I know what apps are pending update and then I choose which to do.

Nigel

Today annoyed with myself - with all the work I've done over these days - my Tablet needed cleaning up again and I forgot before todays sessions ... and had terrible lag on screen. Flights were good though.

I still suggest Go 2.9.1 and FW 1.07.009 ....

I may try 3.0.1 again .. just to be sure I was not mistaken with it before.

Nigel

Is there anyway to roll back with iOS. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge for my phone, but use the iPad mini to fly for the bigger screen. I hate the iOS app compared to Android, even with the same build number. It is vastly different and much less intuitive and more annoying to use. MUCH prefer the android app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart