Argtec Antenna
Icarus 27dbm settings
Nexus 7 series 2 16gb Tablet

Results :

No video lag at all.
No video colour breakup at all
Perfect following of AC in flight
RTH worked as it should with no faults.
No silly choice to make as to Home location.

The Go app certainly was better with the older version compared to the latest 3.1.2.

This shows 3.1.2 has serious problems.

FW - this was solid and worked well BUT as per previous flights has shortened the range I get to just over 50% of previous. I was enjoying out to over 2000m with 1.7.09 but now am pushing to limits just over 1000m, with frequent RTH kicking in at about 900m.

Video is being uploaded and will be posted once ready.

Comparing this to previous flights convinces me my theory of the problems with Go 3.1.2 are confirmed. The latest FW appears to be OK but shortened my range.
3.1.2 was suffering terrible video lag and frequent colour band breakup on screen. The Home position was altering and when initiating RTH - the box would come up with that unnecessary question of what home position.
Going back to 2.9.1 cured it totally.

Nigel

Reactions: FiShBuRn
were there problems with 3.1.0 , that's what I first had after getting my P3S on dec. 5th , I don't remember having problems but didn't get to fly much because of weather , since it's been nothing but updates and problems , just wondering which version to go back to .

dunno ... I just rolled back to a good Go version ..

Why not ?

If you can use Argtec on a USA machine .... then whats problem ?

Today with roll back 1.7.09 FW and the 2,9.1 Go - I achieved 1820m ..... basically a lot more than 1.8.10 gave me.

Nigel

FW 1.8.10 with Go 2.9.1 ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nigel

FW 1.7.009 ... Go app 2.9.1 ...

Nigel

Next will be update to Go 3.1.1 which was stable last time I used, should test today hopefully ... so I think final combo will be :

FW 1.7.009
Go 3.1.1

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, I'm following your firmware/app tests closely and plan on doing some of my own as soon as the weather improves and my backup P3S comes back from DJI. Could you outline the procedure you are using to downgrade firmware as it was this that bricked my original (now backup) aircraft.

Cheers,
Geoff

I'm not my tablet at moment - so once I get back to PC - I will try and do a How-to.

Here's a thread over on DJI that might help ....

I have problems with Latvian authorities about Language Translations at moment - so bit tied up .. but will get a How To done soon.

What surprises me - is that so many are having trouble, DJI on their own forum seem to ignore it all .... and I don't see others trying to solve it like me.
All in hope is that my trials can help others, the P3S is a good machine - just needs a little coaxing.

Nigel

Last edited:
Here's test flight FW 1.07.009 with Go 3.1.1 ..... FW is fine but Go app is crap ! Back to video lag again. Will be rolling back Go apps to find latest but no lag version.

2490m !!

Nigel

Great news ....

Nigel

I've now loaded 3.0.0 ..... see what that does.

I tend to be a tester who brackets findings. I find what works - then find what doesn't work - then go back and forh narrowing the field. That way I get to know when the fault appears. Difficult to explain in words ... but its from my analytical lab work.

Nigel

Reactions: Andy4195
Here's test flight FW 1.07.009 with Go 3.1.1 ..... FW is fine but Go app is crap ! Back to video lag again. Will be rolling back Go apps to find latest but no lag version.

2490m !!

Nigel

Nigel, Great videos, but how does one actually get the video of the screen and sound. Would like to be able to do that.

Gary

Where do you get the older versions of the app? And do you have to jailbreak your ios to install them? Or are you in android?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen