FW 1.8.10 and latest Litchi app (ANDROID users)

Reaction score
OK ... as some of you know I have been taking time to test out various FW and Go apps ... to try and pin down a good combo to use. I only use Android and the tablets I use are :

a) Primary is the Nexus 7 Vers 2 16Gb WiFi version, without Cellular connection but has GPS inbuilt.
2Gb Ram
Litchi
DU Screen Recorder

b) Cavion Base 7 WiFi only version without Cellular connection
1Gb Ram
Go App 2.9.1

OK ... onto this latest test ....

I have read that some people have trouble with tablet reboots and hang-ups when Litchi may conflict with a Screen Recorder. I had previously used Mobizen - but this failed with various tests and I deleted the app and moved to Genius Game Screen Recorder - this was excellent but did not like being reinstated for each change of apps I did of Go.
I changed to DU Screen recorder and all is now very good.

I had good combo of FW 1.07.009 and Go App 2.9.1 and Go App 3.0.1 but all other Go Apps failed for various reasons my tests. I can only recc'd these two if you stay with Go Android.

Moving on - I decided to try out Litchi - as many people told me that it was more tolerant and provided better imaging and control.
I tested manually with 1.07.009 and all went well - so today I decided to test with FW 1.8.10.

I had similar results of slight range reduction as I had with Go 2.9.1 and FW 1.8.10 ... a drop of about 200m from 1800 to 1600m - but still respectable for a P3S ... Yes I use Argtec and Icarus 27Dbi software.

Videos being processed ...

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry - PC decided to take a Microsoft siesta ... videos will be up soon ...

While waiting - I have to say that comparing Litchi to Go for manual flight - I think its better. The video lag is a lot less compared to the 3.x.x series GO ... putting it in the good ring with 2.9.1.
It goes with FW 1.8.10 well so I basically so far give it a thumbs UP.

But until I get to test the Follow Me and Tracking etc. - I cannot be 100%.

Here's the on-board recording and I hit 1600m range ... worth watching at the end when I give a walk-round an antique !!

The Screen recording will be shortly as well giving you the on-screen info etc.

Nigel

DU Recorded screen version of above ...

Nigel

Not an iOS user .... sorry

Title edited for relevance to Android

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members