Temporary License

CPC

Reaction score
Howdy,

I completed the test last Monday. I have also filled out the application on IACRA's website. The current status is received by registry. I am looking to receive my temporary license. Is this the normal wait time or is a there a step that I can take to go and acquire the temporary license?

Thanks

Edit: Temp License Received.

Process to get temp:

1. Pass exam
2. Sign on to IACRA and start application
3. Two days later the exam shows up online on IACRA.
4. Now you can associate the exam with the application and complete application
5. Application status will change from:
  • Pending
  • Transferred to registry
  • Received by registry
6. 5 business days after step 4 the temp license showed up for download when I logged in. A day after it was available on the website to download, I received and email notification that the license was available.
7. Will update when I receive the real license

Last edited:
Howdy,

I completed the test last Monday. I have also filled out the application on IACRA's website. The current status is received by registry. I am looking to receive my temporary license. Is this the normal wait time or is a there a step that I can take to go and acquire the temporary license?

Thanks

10 days is the estimated published wait-time for the temp. license.

(You still have a security b-ground check to be completed.)

Took my exam last Monday morning also. My status is "transferred to registry" still.

I associated the test with my application today. Does it mean I need to wait at least 10 days just to get the temporary certificate?

That's the way I am understanding it. After your application is submitted, 10 days from that point. I submitted mine last Tuesday and haven't gotten mine yet.

10 days is the estimated published wait-time for the temp. license.

(You still have a security b-ground check to be completed.)
Where did you get 10 days? I read in the IACRA literature 2 - 4 business days.

I submitted mine last Wednesday once the exam showed online after I took the test on last monday and am still waiting. From your responses I see that I am not alone.

Another one waiting.
Passed my test on 8/29, applied to IACRA also on Wednesday. My IACRA status just changed to 'Received by Registry' early this morning.

Where did you get 10 days? I read in the IACRA literature 2 - 4 business days.

From FAA website:
Once I complete the aeronautical knowledge test at one of the approved centers, what is the process for obtaining my pilot certificate from the FAA?

1. After you have passed the initial aeronautical knowledge test, you will then complete the FAA Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application (known as IACRA) to receive a remote pilot certificate. IACRA is a web-based certification/rating application that ensures you meet the requirements and electronically submits the application to the FAA's Airman Registry. Applications should be validated within 10 days. Applicants will then receive instructions for printing their temporary airman certificate, which is good for 120 days. The FAA will then mail you your permanent Remote Pilot Certificate within that 120 days.

My temp came in 4 days via IACRA and I got an email letting me know it was there ready to download/print. I already had mine in hand (Part 61 operator) but the system still processed the Temp and emailed me within 4 days.

Another one waiting.
Passed my test on 8/29, applied to IACRA also on Wednesday. My IACRA status just changed to 'Received by Registry' early this morning.

Same here, mine also just switched to 'Received by Registry' this morning 9/6, applied late Tuesday evening 8/30.

My temp came in 4 days via IACRA and I got an email letting me know it was there ready to download/print. I already had mine in hand (Part 61 operator) but the system still processed the Temp and emailed me within 4 days.

You have a part 61, correct?

You have a part 61, correct?
That's correct which is why I already had mine in hand from the DPE. Also since I didn't need a BackGround check mine came in quickly even considering the huge backlog.

Worth noting for those looking to compare experiences.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am Part 61 also, mine took 36 hours. I imagine that the holdup now is a backlog at TSA getting the background check (not required for Part 61 holders).

I already have a "Red" badge and am the authorized signer for a big company, man I hope that shows up quickly during the process. There was no way to denote that though during the testing process

Same here, mine also just switched to 'Received by Registry' this morning 9/6, applied late Tuesday evening 8/30.

Update: 9/7 - My temporary certificate is now available on IACRA. FAA came through for me. 8/29 test -- 9/7 temporary cert, includes Labor Day holiday delay (not bad at all for Government).

Reactions: Eddyfisher

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen