Temporary License

Awesome news. Just checked and mine is available too.

So to help document this process for others the status goes from:
1. pending
2. transferred to registry
3. received by registry
4. temporary certificate available

Let me know if I missed one please.

I also updated the first post to list the steps to get the temp license.

Last edited:
Does anyone know exactly what "transferred to registry" actually means? I'm on business Day 5 at this stage.

Does anyone know exactly what "transferred to registry" actually means? I'm on business Day 5 at this stage.
With the FAA things have to go to different "Departments" and everything is transferred electronically. It just means that one department has approved it and they have submitted to the next department in the process.

I took my test Monday and submitted on Wednesday. I'm still in the "Transferred to Registry" status. :( I was hoping today would be the day but it doesn't look like it.

Hmmmmm...I passed day 1 (Mon) and applied day 3 (Wed, as soon as exam could be linked) also. Still says Transfered to Registry. Nothing at all goofy in my record - maybe a traffic ticket or two.
What has been experience in time between Transferred to Received to Available; is time between received and available pretty quick?

Last edited:
Mine was Received by Registry all day yesterday (9/6), this morning the green Temporary Certificate button appeared.

Well, this is interesting. I am STILL in "Transferred to registry", but looky here....

IMG_0843.jpg

And it's legit and printed...

Same here.

Gentlemen START YOUR ENGINES !!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: joet
Mine as well. Took exam on 8/29 and the green box showed up this morning.

Looks like they're meeting their 10 day estimate pretty well.

I was able to download the temp license yesterday but I received the email today. So there email does work but is one day behind the release of the license.

My certificate was available this morning. So 7 business days from the time I took exam on 8/29. Monday was a holiday. No email received as someone else noted.

Same here; Received by Registry + Green Temp Cert (w/out the actual Certificate Number of course - "Pending").
Happy here for sure!

Well, what do you know...
They actually did send an email... came a couple of hours ago. About 24 hours after the temp became available.

Ditto, and likely for the same reason. :D

Ah I don't know if that's the case. I think it's a procedural hiccup related to the influx. But yeah, I'm guilty, i've been checking a few times a day :). Glad you guys got your certs!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj