Temporary License

I passed my 107 test on 9/9 and started my IACRA Application when I got home. The Exam ID # was not available in IACRA until 9/14. They do make a not that it may take up to 72 hours for the ID to show up and there was a weekend in there as well. My Temporary Certificate was posted on 9/16. Still waiting for the hard copy and Certificate # as of the 20th.
Permanent cert will have the number on it, but it could take up to 120 days to get it.

Any flight that would (or might) result in some financial benefit to you or anyone else is considered to be commercial. The FAA is the ultimate arbiter of what constitutes commercial benefit. Selling pictures/videos or being paid to take them is just the most obvious case. Even if no money changed hands, if the pictures will ultimately be used to benifit some person or organization, the flights are considered to be commercial. While taking pictures at your nephew's birthday party or sister's wedding wouldn't be considered commercial (as long as you weren't compensated in anyway), doing so for some one else when you received any type of compensation (gas money, gift certificate, etc.) would be. Taking picture for free to help promote a charity organization, etc. would be commercial. There have been a lot of posts on this forum trying to talk their way around it, but the criteria is pretty clear and straight forward. With the exception of just how posting on YouTube might be considered. Note- I'm no lawyer nor do I work for the FAA so this is just one man's opinion.

Reactions: Falcon900

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan