Temporary License

Passed the test on Tuesday. On the application itself, it has the box checked for "temporary certificate issued" :) Hopefully it'll be available for me to print soon.

Okay, time for a dumb question. Sorry.

Is the temporary certificate we have always "PENDING" under the Certificate No. space? No doubt, the one we get in the mail eventually will have a number, but will the Temporary one online always say PENDING? Obviously, I'm asking because mine still does after a couple of days.

Reactions: SkyPixel
Good question Phil. I keep checking mine daily, in hopes that it'll change, as mine still reads pending as well, even after several days.

Okay, time for a dumb question. Sorry.

Is the temporary certificate we have always "PENDING" under the Certificate No. space? No doubt, the one we get in the mail eventually will have a number, but will the Temporary one online always say PENDING? Obviously, I'm asking because mine still does after a couple of days.

Mine still states "pending" on the paper copy. I assume this is because the "Real Deal" will get the # assigned to it during the Registry or Printing phase.

Reactions: joet and hangloose
Took my test 8/30, was able to submit the application on 9/2, got my temp 9/9 overnight, then got the email is was available 9/10. The minute it showed in IACRA on 9/9 I was able to print it

...test: 8/31 - temp cert: 9/10...

...QUESTION : do we need to re-reregister our bird with a new registration number for use under 107, or does my existing FAA registration number for hobby use remain in effect?
Must get a NEW registration; the old one is for you as a hobbyist and now the new one under 107 is unique to the aircraft. Funny thing, the registration pages don't mention at this point that you are permitted to take off the old one (if you already had a drone and registered it). So, now I have both numbers on the aircraft: One I think I should go ahead and erase, and the other unique one as a 107 aircraft. Wish I had put the first one in the battery compartment as others have.

Bottom line, YES absolutely, you need to get the new number - they DO ask for more information by the way. $5.

Reactions: Falcon900 and joet
Must get a NEW registration; the old one is for you as a hobbyist and now the new one under 107 is unique to the aircraft. Funny thing, the registration pages don't mention at this point that you are permitted to take off the old one (if you already had a drone and registered it). So, now I have both numbers on the aircraft: One I think I should go ahead and erase, and the other unique one as a 107 aircraft. Wish I had put the first one in the battery compartment as others have.

Bottom line, YES absolutely, you need to get the new number - they DO ask for more information by the way. $5.

Yeah, this is a tad confusing. I removed the hobby number and applied the commercial number and plan to follow up with the FAA this coming week. Another thing that perhaps fell through the cracks as they raced to get something out and done - and hopefully will address soon.

They also need to update their "cheat sheet" for Law Enforcement that states that UAS operators should be able to produce 333/COA paperwork - it's a pre-Part 107 document.

The FAA registry is a big database of certified persons, like pilot and mechanics.When you see IACRA say that your application has been transferred to the registry and then accepted by the registry, That is where the permanent certificate will be processed, number assigned and certificate issued. I think it remains to be seen whether the registry will talk back to IACRA sending the certificate number to be associated with the remote pilot certificate application. I kind of doubt it given the effort and expense the FAA has already invested in IT to make this whole thing work so well.

I received my temporary certificate on 9/29 about 10 minutes after I completed the IACRA form and friend/CFI verified the info, seconds after FAA opened the IACRA form. I suspect it might have been the first sUAS license issued.
Ron
FAA retired, ATP, CFI, A&P-IA, GI, sUAS (40 years licensed pilot-8000hrs TT)

Reactions: Falcon900
I received my temporary certificate on 9/29 about 10 minutes after I completed the IACRA form and friend/CFI verified the info, seconds after FAA opened the IACRA form. I suspect it might have been the first sUAS license issued.
Ron
FAA retired, ATP, CFI, A&P-IA, GI, sUAS (40 years licensed pilot-8000hrs TT)
You may be 000-000-000-001

Yeah, this is a tad confusing. I removed the hobby number and applied the commercial number and plan to follow up with the FAA this coming week. Another thing that perhaps fell through the cracks as they raced to get something out and done - and hopefully will address soon.

They also need to update their "cheat sheet" for Law Enforcement that states that UAS operators should be able to produce 333/COA paperwork - it's a pre-Part 107 document.
Yep. Hobbies, we register the pilot. Commercial, we register the plane and license the pilot just like manned aircraft. The old hobby pilot registration should be removed, you bird is now in the federal database using the airfcraft registration number. The old number on the aircraft really had no relationship to the bird, just indicated who the registered pilot who owned it was.

Took test September 2, PM. Today I got my temporary certificate. Will it say pending until we get the permanent one? i.e., for 120 days?

Yes, you permanent license will have a number just like your drivers license. If they do it like regular pilot certificates, it will be a plastic wallet size.

Took test September 2, PM. Today I got my temporary certificate. Will it say pending until we get the permanent one? i.e., for 120 days?
Read the fine print. The temp cert is good until the permanent one comes or after 120 days which ever comes first!

Test date 9/5 (PM)

Test associated in IACRA 9/7 (AM)

Completed application 9/7 (AM)

TEMP received in IACRA console 9/13 (AM)

I passed my 107 test on 9/9 and started my IACRA Application when I got home. The Exam ID # was not available in IACRA until 9/14. They do make a not that it may take up to 72 hours for the ID to show up and there was a weekend in there as well. My Temporary Certificate was posted on 9/16. Still waiting for the hard copy and Certificate # as of the 20th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen