Taking on and off props?

Reaction score
Looking for a carrying case for my P2V+...

Almost all the (cheap) back-pack style cases doesn't fit the quad with props on...

Is there any "danger" to mounting / unmounting the props everytime you fly it?
Thinking that it might be a risc of damageing / wearing out the threads? (Havn't looked specificaly how they look though...)?

/Jocce

I would be more concerned with warping a prop from being under compression in a hot case if installed. P.S. I come from 35 years of injection molded plactics. !!

Yeah, I've seen the props stored on the quad in the case I have, but I too was afraid of warping them downward if the foam cover lining pushed down on them with any pressure. Easy spin on, easy spin off. Just takes a few seconds and well worth the effort.

Jocce said:
Looking for a carrying case for my P2V+...

Almost all the (cheap) back-pack style cases doesn't fit the quad with props on...

Is there any "danger" to mounting / unmounting the props everytime you fly it?
Thinking that it might be a risc of damageing / wearing out the threads? (Havn't looked specificaly how they look though...)?

/Jocce

Hi, Jocce

I bought a case from Buzzflyer and it takes my Phantom "props on", but I have never worried about taking props on and off. I think the risk of thread wear is slim to none; I do it quite often, especially when I power up my bird inside the house. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl