Taking drone to the USA from UK

Reaction score
I'm going to Florida in a few weeks and planning on taking my P3S and if anyone else is planning to do the same please be aware that you need to register your drone with the FAA and pay a $5 fee. Failure to do this could risk in a heavy fine or imprisonment!!

sUAS Registration

They then issue you with a unique authorisation number.

I did it all in 5 mins and now can't want to see the Florida sunshine on my back.

I'm going to Florida in a few weeks and planning on taking my P3S and if anyone else is planning to do the same please be aware that you need to register your drone with the FAA and pay a $5 fee. Failure to do this could risk in a heavy fine or imprisonment!!

sUAS Registration

They then issue you with a unique authorisation number.

I did it all in 5 mins and now can't want to see the Florida sunshine on my back.
Ok, you got the Feds off your back, but beware! There are a lot of places in Florida where you can not fly! Always seem to be in the places that you would most likely want to. Do a bit of research. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Reactions: Zeprider
Also have you got any lipo bags for the battery. Just to be on the safe side mate. [emoji4] don't want customs to take the batteries off you. The bags are around £5

Back from your trip Peter? I'm going to Florida in August too, how did it go?

So is it my Phantom in with the hold luggage and my 4x batteries run down to one bar in a Lipo bag carried on as hand luggage?

Register with the FAA in the above link and all good to go?

Anyone got a link to something similar to the UK no fly drones site that covers Florida?

Cheers in advance.

Back from your trip Peter? I'm going to Florida in August too, how did it go?

So is it my Phantom in with the hold luggage and my 4x batteries run down to one bar in a Lipo bag carried on as hand luggage?

Register with the FAA in the above link and all good to go?

Anyone got a link to something similar to the UK no fly drones site that covers Florida?

Cheers in advance.
B4ufly and Airmap are 2 smart phone apps that will show controlled airspace and most published restrictions. But beware that there may be local restriction like not being able to fly from park grounds or on some beaches. Might want to check with the local gendarmes before going out. In any case, welcome and hope that you enjoy your visit.

Reactions: phantom3marty
B4ufly and Airmap are 2 smart phone apps that will show controlled airspace and most published restrictions. But beware that there may be local restriction like not being able to fly from park grounds or on some beaches. Might want to check with the local gendarmes before going out. In any case, welcome and hope that you enjoy your visit.

Thanks for the reply.

I've just registered with the FAA link above and found another link to the B4ufly app although can't download it here in the UK.

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl