Take a look my p4p night photos.

I was always wondering how people get amazing quality pix. that I wasn't able to. If you ask me about photography related questions like settings - shutter speed, iso, etc.. I have no clue trust me, what you need to do is take your drone up in the air, put it on video or photo mode and start messing with the settings. I took about 20 photos and only 4-5 came out good like this. I was happy to have this kind of shots. It amazes me as well. Just try and it will work. For example if I try today or tomorrow to get this kind of shots-may not work because every time I get different setup.
Professional photographers take many many pictures hoping for that one good image so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Reactions: doug_judy
56469758fa322c4a85e78aa9ebd9dc51.jpg

The camera is really good, I'm no pro photography but it takes awhile to get the right shot by tinkering with the settings in flight.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Professional photographers take many many pictures hoping for that one good image so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
Professionals might take a lot of images but they aren't using a shotgun approach and hoping for something good.
They know how to get good results and will take a lot of good images so their clients have plenty of variations to choose from.
It's a lot easier to shoot extra on the day than to go back later and shoot it again because the client wants a different angle.

Reactions: KAOS Imagery
Flying at night not is allowed by the FAA under the safety guidelines. I'm typing that for all the tight wads.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Wrong! Flying at night is allowed if you are not a 107 guy. If you are a 107 guy then no it is not allowed unless you can obtain a daytime waiver to fly at night. Which I hear they are being very stingy with.

Key word here is hoping. Pros don't hope usually. LOL. Pros get it right in the camera as much as possible. Plus try to cover as many angles as possible to get best shot to choose. Just not from hoping. LMAO!

Well, for good night shot at first you need a tripod which enables long exp. times, you should close the aperture to around f13 or f16 or at least f11, and 1 or 2 steps underexpose tha picture.
If you go with auto, everything will be too much overexposed because of the big contrast differences. From there on you can try different settings and see, what you'll get.
With drone you have a huge limitations though these pictures are really of high quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT