Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

The DJI website says on recommended devices: "This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus".

So does that mean the app works better with iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 / 6+ than with iPads or Android devices?

Is there any noticeable difference between ipad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3, or the iPad Air and iPad Air 2, for example less lagging or something like that?+

My only issue with using my iPhone 6 is when people call me while i'm flying it lol

iPad Mini 2
Was at WalMart this morning said regular 239 on sale 199
Good deal?

I am A Nexus User now and love it, I was thinking of toying with both.
I know some of you have both can you give any input?
Or should I just wait for the new Nexus 7 in September?
Thanks

I understand about how you are doing this list through testimony based input. but can might I suggest we take a more technical approach?

So someone compare the stats of the CPU-RAM-#ofProcessorCores of all the recommended devices, and devices people are say work? I'm sure we could collectively discover what specs we are looking for in our devices. I work with computer stats better than Uncle Joe yelling "It works for me"

This website "specoutDOTcom" (don't want to get spam filtered) compares phones by their specs.

HTC One works well....Iused it before the ÎOŚ app was ready

I was thinking about getting the HTC One X, for my P3S.
Anyone know if he's talking about the HTC ONE M7? M8? X? X+?
There are so many HTC Ones..

Im using Oneplus One, works perfectly, no lag, no crashes, no downgrades. Flawless flight.
Today I even forgot to turn off battery saver which reduces cell performance to minimum and didnt notice any difference, so I assume Oneplus is the right choice for P3P, but would like to have a bigger screen, as this has only 5,5. After reading all the posts it seems there is no perfect tablet, or is it? I dont want to downgrade google or do something else and still use it as tablet while not flying.
I wish Oneplus would have their tablet :)

The note 4 brand new had a lot of video lag that was very unsettling. Luckily I had only had it for 9 days and I returned it for the iPhone 6+ which is almost completely fluid.

Just returned a galaxy 4. People on this forum claim they work but they don't.

Well the ipad mini 2 Ibthink is way too expensive to do the simple monitor job. Do you guys use smth cheap that works?

Well the ipad mini 2 Ibthink is way too expensive to do the simple monitor job. Do you guys use smth cheap that works?

As anti-Apple as I am, I still gave in, and bought an iPad Mini 2. I really, really dislike Apple as a company, but, understanding that DJI developed the P3s to specifically work with iOS (Android was an "afterthought" ), that was an incentive to give in, and get the iPad Mini 2 (thankfully, I also know that the ONLY apps installed on it are DJI Go, & my bible app).

Being a smart shopper, & checking multiple sources, I found a seller in the Amazon Marketplace selling 16GB cellular-connected (Verizon) iPad Mini 2 for only $300. There are several sellers listed offering them in that same general price range. You might reconsider your decision.

If someone who is as anti-Apple as I am can change his mind...even if only for a single product...it's well worth considering going worth the iPad Mini 2. Just remember to get a cellular-connected one, as the Wi-Fi only iPads do NOT have GPS.

Panther I caved with you. I got a iPad mini 2 off eBay. It had a cracked screen and broken LCD. $130 later including repairs and I'm all good. Thanks for all your efforts with the Android options. The glitchy mini 2 I spoke of earlier is now for the kids.

Panther I caved with you. I got a iPad mini 2 off eBay. It had a cracked screen and broken LCD. $130 later including repairs and I'm all good. Thanks for all your efforts with the Android options. The glitchy mini 2 I spoke of earlier is now for the kids.

You're welcome. Whether I have a lot of knowledge in a certain area, or only a little, I always try to pass it onto others, if it can help them. Even in things I don't like, or agree with...such as Apple's business practices...if I truly see, & believe, that it offers something better, I'll still pass on the info.

I'm not happy with myself, in a manner of speaking, that I bought an Apple product again (after having gotten rid of everything "Apple" I had previously owned), but I do see/believe it to be the best product for this specific purpose.

You're welcome. Whether I have a lot of knowledge in a certain area, or only a little, I always try to pass it onto others, if it can help them. Even in things I don't like, or agree with...such as Apple's business practices...if I truly see, & believe, that it offers something better, I'll still pass on the info.

I'm not happy with myself, in a manner of speaking, that I bought an Apple product again (after having gotten rid of everything "Apple" I had previously owned), but I do see/believe it to be the best product for this specific purpose.

Just an FYI. The mini 3 is going to be $300 all weekend at Best Buy -- yet more signalling that a new mini is coming from apple. I am trying really hard to not buy one, I don't do apple either, but we'll see.

The ASUS 580CA is interesting for $300, as is the recently announced Predator 8. I am heavily invested in the android ecosystem, I hate the idea of a 1-off mini . . .

My iPad Mini-2 is now on it's way. Whew way too many decisions LOL!

thanks for all the information above.

Allen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka