Tablet - RC link problem

Reaction score
I have the Samsung S2 tablet and a number of us have problems getting the Go app to offer the "Go Fly" button. I found that enabling "Developer Options" and switching to RNDIS temporarily can help but it isn't 100%, in fact it isn't 30% so I just tried a new thing a couple days ago that seems to be 100% effective. Either have the tablet powered off, not sleeping but off, then turn the bird and RC on and make sure the RC has the green connection LED on, then turn the tablet on or do a power reset. Once the tablet powers on the Go app comes up with the Go Fly button and so far it's worked about 10 out of 10 times.

It may take 30-60 seconds to power cycle and bring the Go app up, but the bird needs to get a GPS lock anyway so that's not really a problem. By the time the tablet comes back you are just about ready to fly after checking the sensors etc.

Brian

Last edited:
Well I've got another week of flying with about 15 more flights using the method above and it still works 100% of the time. Again, power up the bird and RC then check to make sure the LED on the RC is green indicating the Bird-RC link is good before powering on or power resetting the tablet. Once the tablet powers on the G app comes up with the "Go Fly" button and usually the bird is just about ready to fly -- just check the GPS and sensors and you should be good to go.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl