System Error

Reaction score
I am having issues with my Phantom 2 Vision + as follows:
When I turn on equipment and prepare for flight, system seems to go through normal startup procedure. However at end of startup procedure lights on drone show red and I get a "System Error" message on my screen. When I lift drone or move it around, I get temporary green lights and "Ready to Fly" message on screen, maybe 3-5 seconds....then it reverts back to error message. I can walk around carrying drone and it will cycle between "System Error" and "Ready to Fly" mode in 3-5 second cycles. When this problem started a month ago, I was able to lift up the drone until error message disappeared, start the motors, and fly away. Once I got up in the air, she functioned completely normally for a while. But lately I can't even get the motors started. As soon as I get a momentary "Ready to Fly" message, I try to start the motors, and the red lights start flashing on drone and app reads "System Error" again.

Context:
Drone is over a year old and has logged tons of great flights
Has not crashed or taken fall
Updated with latest firmware
Compass is calibrated
Visual inspection of wire connections in body shows no issues
I have tried to fly in multiple locations with same problem

Any thoughts on what my issue is here?

I am having issues with my Phantom 2 Vision + as follows:
When I turn on equipment and prepare for flight, system seems to go through normal startup procedure. However at end of startup procedure lights on drone show red and I get a "System Error" message on my screen. When I lift drone or move it around, I get temporary green lights and "Ready to Fly" message on screen, maybe 3-5 seconds....then it reverts back to error message. I can walk around carrying drone and it will cycle between "System Error" and "Ready to Fly" mode in 3-5 second cycles. When this problem started a month ago, I was able to lift up the drone until error message disappeared, start the motors, and fly away. Once I got up in the air, she functioned completely normally for a while. But lately I can't even get the motors started. As soon as I get a momentary "Ready to Fly" message, I try to start the motors, and the red lights start flashing on drone and app reads "System Error" again.

Context:
Drone is over a year old and has logged tons of great flights
Has not crashed or taken fall
Updated with latest firmware
Compass is calibrated
Visual inspection of wire connections in body shows no issues
I have tried to fly in multiple locations with same problem

Any thoughts on what my issue is here?
Check your connection where the battery mates with the little pins and the bigger prongs, see if the two little pins go in and out freely. check mate points for corrosion clean with alcohol. check for loose or broken wires, and ALL connections are properly seated...

Checked and cleaned battery connections on both batteries I have as well as where they attach to copter. Seem to be making clean contact. Did a close visual inspection of all wires through battery opening...no sign of anything loose or unattached.

It does not make sense to me that the problem is a physical connection...although I could be incorrect...

Any other thoughts here?
Thanks!

Plug it into the PC. The Phantom assist maybe able to tell you what the error could be.
You might simply be indoor and the compass going whack. Are you taking off from your driveway?? there is metal/rebar in the concrete.
It could be that the IMU needs a recalibration.

I recallibrated the IMU and seems to be working...no more system error message...thanks for the advice.
One other issue I'm having is with the batteries...I have 2 batteries, and problem happens to both....when flying, I get message saying battery is critically low...if I wait a few seconds, the problem goes away and reverts to normal battery status. Then this repeats a few minutes later? Seems like its not a battery issue as it seems to happen to both of my batteries???

Need more info. How long had you been flying when you get the error? If you work your battery hard in the latter stages of a flight, the voltage could drop to a critical level.

I get the message within 5 seconds of taking off...batteries are fully charged when I take off...

Take off slowly but be careful that you don't tip over on take off.
Now fly around gracefully without maxing out the sticks.
I think your batteries are having voltage spikes when under load (maxing out the sticks) and reporting back as critical low voltage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl