Syma x5c Still Fun

Reaction score
Beautiful, sunny, calm morning here in Michigan today. Got out the toy Syma after it sitting in the basement for a long time just to see if it is still fun. It is still really fun and enjoyable to fly. Kind of like driving a sports car after driving a bus. I crashed into trees 3 times and kept on flying. Burned up 5 batteries and wished I had more.
I don't put the camera on the Syma anymore because I have the V2 for that stuff. This increases the flight time significantly, makes it react faster to control inputs. Just plain fun, at under 1/2 pound.

The X5C was my first bird. Still take it out on occasion myself. I consider it "Practice" for ATTI mode, without risking the Phantom to do so. And yes, it is pretty solid and handles minor crashes without a hitch.

Kind of like driving a sports car after driving a bus.

I'm with you on that. I started with a Syma X5-SW, and it taught me a lot about what you can and can't do with a drone. For $60, it was a good training drone. I crashed it a few thousand times, and replaced the props regularly, but it's nearly indestructible and still flies. I just bought all new batteries for it and plan to test drive it again after a very long hiatus.

I still get my $54.00 toy drone out and take it up for a while too i fly it off my front porch and under high power wires and across the street and in to a large open field....Then fly it back to land on the porch....250 feet out and 250 feet back.....i have 7 batterys and its still a Blast to Fly....sure makes a guy or gal appreciate one with GPS and other flight goodys ...to help with a very stable Flight !

Aye, for me Syma was the first drone. It is still good for practice, and I fly occasionally indoors with x5c.
Though, the motors need to be replaced time-to-time, but they are dirt cheap and straight forward to replace.

Still fly my first “toy” drone sky viper 40dollar drone. First drone I flew which got me into phantoms. No camera, etc but will teach you basic skills needed in case phantom were ever to loose gps and you had to control manually. Love my toy drones

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl