The Poster Child for a GPS Tracker

Suwaneeguy said:
..... I believe with ground station, a loss of satellites would probably put it in RTH mode and do so.
As the waypoints are already fixed in memory.
Anyone know for sure if that is the case?

Ummmm.... now I'm REALLY confused..... If the Phantom lost satellites for whatever reason how could it RTH? It would not know where it was without any form of satellite fix and a reference point to start it's journey either straight back to home (being a location stored) or navigating waypoints back to home (which would also need GPS fix?

dirkclod said:
If it lost all satellites and was BLOS it would land right there unless I am badly mistaken and if so someone please correct me .
I was in a hurry the other morning and took off without any and it was like I was in manual mode and sat it down real quick :shock:
it cannot RTH as it has no mechanism to navigate to where home is. If battery goes low it will just land. Keep watching your FPV, if you have it, for recognizable landscape features! One reason where BLOS and haste is not good :)

Has anyone figured out a way to use their FPVLR or Horizon FPV antennas on a tripod with a servo controlled tracker to keep the antennas pointed at the phantom at all times? I'd be interested in this but it seems that all antenna trackers out there require a separate osd and video transmitter. Some home made trackers use RSSI but I don't think that route would work for the Vision+ either. Any ideas?

dirkclod said:
Cooter3690 said:
Has anyone figured out a way to use their FPVLR or Horizon FPV antennas on a tripod with a servo controlled tracker to keep the antennas pointed at the phantom at all times? I'd be interested in this but it seems that all antenna trackers out there require a separate osd and video transmitter. Some home made trackers use RSSI but I don't think that route would work for the Vision+ either. Any ideas?
I saw something on you tube with something like that awhile back.But I erased history the other day and can't remember just where I saw it but will look again and post it if I find it.
If you know the general direction of the Phantom, then a tracker would be overkill. I have an old Dish Network antenna in the garage and a second receiver for my FPV that I plan to experiment with over the winter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik