New to the forums and quads

Reaction score
hey what's up everyone. Happy new year.

Thought I'd introduce myself , my names Darren, I'm from Southampton in the U.K and I'm about to order a phantom 3 Standard. But 1st a little story ....

So this Christmas my wife did something at the time was unknowingly dangerous lol... well not physically dangerous, but very possibly financially ....

She brought me a drone! This particular drone was £100 and was called the sky quad v2. So me and my family took it out Boxing Day and played with it at the local park. I wasn't happy with it, it advertised HD cam and some other features which it clearly did not have and after my bro crashing into someone's house roof and rolling to the ground I thought it's going back to the store ha ha.

So I purchased another quad and spent a little extra. I purchased the syma X8hg, and to be honest it's not a bad little quad, I still have it and will still fly it because it's good fun apart from
Anything other than a calm day. Then it's a no no and I think I can pilot it fairly well, but you have no chance when you have constant wind and gusts. One moment your cool the next the quad is blown and your all disoriented, but anyway I even made two videos with this syma. They are on You tube and are my 1st ever videos I've created, but I just wasn't happy I had suddenly found this enthusiasm and lust for Ariel videography that I never knew I had and I found myself on you tube every second watching drone videos.

Something just clicked inside me and I knew I had to upgrade from what I call a toy drone to a ... how do I word this??? A mans drone lol.

So I managed to convince my wife that I need a phantom in my life and today she agreed that come this weekend after pay day I can order my 1st ever phantom 3 Standard. And I can't believe how excited I am to fly it and see what I can do
In terms of making some decent videos.

Anyway hope you managed to read this to the end I Kinda think I got carried away, but now y'all no who I am and why/how I needed up on this here forum.

Hope to chat to y'all soon and any pointers , expertise and anything you guys can give me to help me out flying and filming with my phantom would be great.

Have fun y'all.

Darren.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Dazzauk
Welcome to the forum Darren.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum Darren.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thabks dirkclod , appreciate it.

Here's a video I made with my syma , I know it's nots phantom quality but I'm please with it for my 1st ever video shoot and edit. Can't wait to see what I can do with the p3 S :)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj