Sudden backwards drift:(

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 pro has been perfect since day one. But today I noticed when hovering it would slowly drift backwards. Would this possibly be corrected with a compass calibration or even IMU? Thanks:)

Reasons of drifting could be many but This seems to be a sign of bad RC sticks calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok, so I should do an RC calibration right? I have seen this option but never done it.

My Phantom 4 pro has been perfect since day one. But today I noticed when hovering it would slowly drift backwards. Would this possibly be corrected with a compass calibration or even IMU? Thanks:)
backwards doesn't sound compass related.
A compass in need of calibration will make your Phantom do a slow spiral rather than sit in place (toilet bowl effect)

Check your input commands under LOG flights. Find the moment in the flight when you know that the drone was drift backwards without command input from your side, and see if the LOG shows a slight input even if you did not touch anything. If yes, then calibrate RC sticks.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Carltonart
Check your input commands under LOG flights. Find the moment in the flight when you know that the drone was drift backwards without command input from your side, and see if the LOG shows a slight input even if you did not touch anything. If yes, then calibrate RC sticks.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
That's great advice, thanks!

Thanks everyone, I refreshed the firmware and calibrated the IMU as well as a regular calibration in an open field and she is steady as a rock!

That could have happened of a loss of sats and it went to atti mode and drifted wid the wind for a few seconds... it happened to mine! And almost crashed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Had a similar occurrence recently, noticed the the bird would start drifting when no stick command was given.... Did all the normal calibrations to no avail but when I decided to check the controller calibration I noticed a 2% down was showing on the right stick when it was at neutral.

recalibrated and now it hovers just fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl