Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Stock gimbal function

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Help' started by CyberVet65, Jun 1, 2015.

1. CyberVet65

I recently got a P2 Vision and it has a neat gimbal setup by Taco RC. I recently "bounced" the unit on a harsh landing and part of the gimbal broke. I have the part on order. My question is: since I am not going to do a lot of videos would it be more practical to go back to the stock setup? Does the stock Vision gimbal move the camera?
    Thanks.

2. J Dot

Hello,
    Stock gimbal is only 1 axis ( up-down ) won't point straight down! I think the range is like -250/0/1000 something like that ( slightly above level, to about 45 degree angle down )

I don't mind stock gimbal at all, but since I've gotten a 2 axis gimbal, I don't know if I can go back? Lol.

If you are just fun flying, fun videos, backyard b ball games ect. Stock might be the way to go, plus cheaper to replace if you crash! Then use the better gimbal ( or sell it ) later when you want some professional looking stuff!

ultimately up to you? But stock ain't bad! I had a lot of fun stock, now I'm nearly fully modded out! To be honest, I miss stock sometimes, just start and go! ( now it's turn on this, bump that up, turn on that, ect. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Lol

Take care, fly safe, keep us updated!
    J Dot

3. t-lay

Where can I get a gimbal for my stick camera?

4. t-lay

Stock camera thanx preciate it of can help been going crazy lookin for1