Still shaking ... lol

Reaction score
Hey guys...
Yesterday I bought the 4k and I am trying to get used to it and how to fly it.
So I took it outside like an hour ago, trying to get some good shots of Ottawa by night. I was round the 100m when for a reason I still don't know , I couldn't control it. And it started flying away... like towards the river, the parliament , the highway near Gatineau lol. I pressed the Come Home button but it kept going... I couldn't see it anymore.. I tried to follow it , running like crazy and pressing the effete button, but I had no luck. I was so upset and worried that I might have hit someone. At some point, the connection was completely lost and I couldn't see my drone up in the sky... And then my cousin called me, that it went back to where we were...
I was soo scared.... What went wrong mates? Any advice or suggestions? It was my 5th flight since yesterday , and I am so excited, and that just scared me so much...
Thank you....

Hey, Welcome to the forums you may want to go into the dji app setting and make sure that you have return to home selected when it loses connection. also the switch on the top marked as S2, if you flip that a couple of times you will hear a beeping noise and that means its returning home.
Now as for why you had that issues, remember that it uses wifi as a connection and that can be affected by alot of things. it seems you may had some interference. so im not sure someone can tell you that lives in that area.

Reactions: AkisT
Good to be here...!
Thank you for your reply.
I was almost mortified as I saw it leaving me.... :/

lol yea I had that feeling too. just a question did you get any warning on the dji app?

IMG_9589.PNG IMG_9589.PNG IMG_9591.PNG IMG_9590.PNG
lol yea I had that feeling too. just a question did you get any warning on the dji app?
Actually I had these three

yea if you look at the 3rd image you up load you see that you had interference and you were getting compass error. so you need to watch those.

those caused the issues you had.

Yeah.... thank you!!!
So when it loses connections it comes back where it started right?
Or when I push the "home" button...?!

you have to make sure within the dji app setting that you have it return to home cause the other options is to hover. but yes it will return to where you took off, but remember that is a 20 feet radius. (6 meters).

you have to make sure within the dji app setting that you have it return to home cause the other options is to hover. but yes it will return to where you took off, but remember that is a 20 feet radius. (6 meters).
What do you mean by that? If it's further it won't come back?
Cause mine was a lot further away today...

What do you mean by that? If it's further it won't come back?
Cause mine was a lot further away today...
No I mean when it is returning home. you can take control of it but canceling the return to home once you get the connection back. I mean when its landing when its using the return to home function.

also you should just try the return to home function. Practice with it so you know what it does how it works.

Glad you din't lose your drone,, if you see this "compass error" again dont take a chance a bring it back.The drone is supposed to come back to it's home location when: signal is lost,, you press back to home in app,, or you flip the left upper switch a couple of time until remote starts to beep..And GGPS is the easiest and safest way to fly,, Be careful in ATTI, I almost got my drone in a tree because was not used to ATTI and thought when I let go of the controls the drone would stop,, nope, not in ATTI it keeps going.. But its a very cool drone, happy flying..

Glad you din't lose your drone,, if you see this "compass error" again dont take a chance a bring it back.The drone is supposed to come back to it's home location when: signal is lost,, you press back to home in app,, or you flip the left upper switch a couple of time until remote starts to beep..And GGPS is the easiest and safest way to fly,, Be careful in ATTI, I almost got my drone in a tree because was not used to ATTI and thought when I let go of the controls the drone would stop,, nope, not in ATTI it keeps going.. But its a very cool drone, happy flying..
Thanx mate.!!! ill try do it in the park to get used to it first and then ill go back t my trips :))

No I mean when it is returning home. you can take control of it but canceling the return to home once you get the connection back. I mean when its landing when its using the return to home function.

RTH will return to the GPS location at engine start. GPS accuracy, however, isn't perfect, and sometimes will be 15-20 feet off. That's what we are referring to, not how far away the drone is when RTH is initiated.

@AkisT, you been back in the air yet?

Here is couple for you to read, I learn more form conversations than the manual.

Best Method to RTH?
Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Load you flight from app to this site, post the link back here.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
They will look like these.
Lost P3 100% gone
Battery Help !

Remember, Phantoms don't to fall out of the sky, there default RTH is set for china. :eek:

Rod

@AkisT, you been back in the air yet?

Here is couple for you to read, I learn more form conversations than the manual.

Best Method to RTH?
Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Load you flight from app to this site, post the link back here.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
They will look like these.
Lost P3 100% gone
Battery Help !

Remember, Phantoms don't to fall out of the sky, there default RTH is set for china. :eek:

Rod
thank you so so much!!!!! what do you mean they don't fall out of the sky? hahaha

This is just an assumption, but if the quad is in Attitude mode and happens to lose RC signal, it would likely RTH after switching back to P-GPS. If no GPS signal is found, the aircraft will hover.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl