Battery Help !

Reaction score
I was just flying My P3S and nothing out of the ordinary. Lowe battery warning came on and I landed it. I let the battery cool down and recharged like I always do. Now When I hit the power button quick then hold for 2 seconds The battery Boots up and indicates the charge amount and Promptly Turns off ? Any one have this problem before ? Please help me I am a First time owner and love my drone never had any problems but now all of a sudden this ? The drone is less a bit over a year old.

I had a Battery Warning Error. It said it was 97%, obviously not low. How can this be. Maybe, I need a new thread on this, but it is still about batteries.
Anyway, after this happened, I got "no signal". I hot "return to home" and nothing, then turned off the controller to let the drone come home on its on.
Nothing, so I turned on the controller and a white line appeared on the map showing it came home. I can't find it anywhere. Now, I wonder if the white line is true or some sort of expected response of the drone. Anyway, I haven't found it, yet. Any help for both of us would be appreciated.

I had a Battery Warning Error. It said it was 97%, obviously not low. How can this be. Maybe, I need a new thread on this, but it is still about batteries.
Anyway, after this happened, I got "no signal". I hot "return to home" and nothing, then turned off the controller to let the drone come home on its on.
Nothing, so I turned on the controller and a white line appeared on the map showing it came home. I can't find it anywhere. Now, I wonder if the white line is true or some sort of expected response of the drone. Anyway, I haven't found it, yet. Any help for both of us would be appreciated.
Sorry to hear that you lost your drone. My problem I hope is a bit easer than yours . I hope you find your drone did you have your name and # on the drone ? I do

I am in the country. No body around to find it. What concerns me is the white line that said that it came home. I am still searching around the RTH point because of this white line. Woods everywhere, but I have a place in the woods about 300 yards away where I lost the signal. So, I will go there next to see if it just fell out of the sky there, but if it did, why the white line on the map that said it returned home?

I am in the country. No body around to find it. What concerns me is the white line that said that it came home. I am still searching around the RTH point because of this white line. Woods everywhere, but I have a place in the woods about 300 yards away where I lost the signal. So, I will go there next to see if it just fell out of the sky there, but if it did, why the white line on the map that said it returned home?
Might wanna talk to a DJI REP on that on the site you can talk to a live Customer support rep on Chat if you want !

Sometimes on this site there is a link to upload the flight log. Is there someone who could look at that before I contact DJI because I know that they will want to know what I know. I hava an android tab;et that I was using at the time. I just need to know what file and where to link it.
Thanks for anybodies help.
I really want to know if that white line on the map is real or imaginary, like a planned return, but not a real one.

Rod,
Sorry, not sure how to post it back. Anyway, the last few seconds says it is flying away at 34MPH and it is a Phantom 3A, with wind speeds at 8MPH verified by the weather service. Battery at 94%. Gosh, at that speed it must make 15 miles before the battery runs out. I still wonder why the white line on the map shows it coming back to the RTH point. Again, once I turned off the controller, it should have turned around and still made it back against an 8MPH wind. Log says it stayed at 134 feet altitude.
Tom

Okay, I don't see a reason for it to fly off. Winds at 5 to 8MPH and RTR set for loss of signal. I will contact DJI with all the information that I have and see what they say. From reading the blogs, I bet they get a lot of "my phantom just flew away" complaints.

Rod,
Sorry, not sure how to post it back. Anyway, the last few seconds says it is flying away at 34MPH and it is a Phantom 3A, with wind speeds at 8MPH verified by the weather service. Battery at 94%. Gosh, at that speed it must make 15 miles before the battery runs out. I still wonder why the white line on the map shows it coming back to the RTH point. Again, once I turned off the controller, it should have turned around and still made it back against an 8MPH wind. Log says it stayed at 134 feet altitude.
Tom
Sorry man, I got home and got busy, when you see the info you are looking at, you copy that url that is in your browser and post that link here.

Rod

Here is the link to the flight log.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Battery error at 59 secs. It then moved but hovered for 35 secs. All the time I was trying things, like first hitting the RTH button, but apparently the controller had already lost the signal to the drone because it showed "no signal". So powered down the controller for a number of minutes to get the drones software to kick in on the "automatic" RTH, but did not see it or hear it. I have been able to hear the buzzing out to 1000 feet, but nothing this time. Tall trees in the way for a direct line of site on my farm. Anyway, when I turned the controller back on, I had this white line on the map on the tablet showing it supposedly came home. The flight log says that it headed East at 34MPH instead.

After studying the map with the flight log, it headed North East, kinda, at 34MPH. I looked at previous flight logs, and they show that this bird achieved 38MPH at times. I didn't know it could go that fast.

Wow, so winds were low at your level, and you were under 150'.
So what is the about height of those trees?
You are using a P3S?
If you play back your flight log in the app does it display home point saved, and your RTH setting, when you started the motors?
Sometimes it is only displayed when play it back the first time, meaning if you rewind your flight to play it again without closing that screen is doesn't display that info again.

Also on your playback of your fight, there is an option to display what your controls were doing on your remote.

So on a P3S, every thing that is on your flight log is what the phantom was reporting back to the remote, and then to your mobile to the app. On that thought, if you were trying to make the Phantom to RTH, what were you pressing to do this, taping RTH on the app or flipping the s2 switch? Because there is no indication of this.
So all I got for now, at the end of the flight log is where you turned the remote off. Otherwise there would not be a log to that point.

I notice the speed climbed and climbed, for it to get over say 30 mph it had to have a good wind to help it out. My calculation would be a straight line from your end of flight log towards your home position, and didn't make it back because of wind and ran out of battery, if the home point was saved and RTH was set to return. If it was set to hover, and they were strong winds it will still be close to end of flight, because if had a GPS lock it would be trying to get back to the point using all of its power against the wind.

Now I hope, RTH commands will show up on this log.
I will look at some of my own again.
Sorry it was so long, more I typed the more I started thinking.

@Meta4, or anybody else?

Rod ;)

It is a P3A. Sorry for that confusion. This Phantom has regularly exceeded 30MPH. I went back to another flight log and it gained a speed of 38MPH according to the flight log. Again, little or no wind. With this fly away, the wind speed was under 10MPH according to the weather history for 10/5/2016 at my location with winds variable but hour by hour during the fly away of 1pm to 2pm time frame, the wind was ESE or E . This would mean that it was flying into the wind as it fly away and the RTH should have turned it and then it would have some wind behind it. I know the RTH was set to 40 meters and that was way more than any trees. The RTH was set at the very beginning of the flight log.

I would like to know how to view the flight log and see the control actions. Yes, I did turn off the controller hoping that the complete loss of signal to the drone would cause the safety programming to kick in and bring it back. It was set to RTH and not Hover. If it was hovering, I would have been able to hear the buzzing of the props and I have been able to do this up to 1000 feet. Since I can't see the drone over the tree cover, I try to keep it in hearing distance.

On reviewing everything that happened, I should have continually pressed the RTH button on the top of the controller, and if the controller ever got back in touch with the drone, it would have gotten the command to "go home", and the "lost of signal" for the drone should have kicked in anyway. Maybe, I could have gotten a little longer flight log than the cut off that occurred. The "battery failure" message at 59 seconds, left me blind on the battery level since it never changed after that. What I don't understand, why did it accelerate in the wrong direction from home, especially since it supposedly had 15 satellites. I have contacted DJI and they want the flight log, but what can it tell them?

Please tell me how to view the flight in order to see any controller actions that I might have taken until I turned it off.

But, I still haven't gotten an explaination of why the white line showing a RTH path showed up on the map in DJIGO, when I turned the controller back on. Anybody?

Rod, thanks for your help. I have already found out some troubleshooting techniques from you that I did not know.

Tom

Hum,
It can't hurt to send DJI the flight log.
Well, I'm farkin mad at the moment, because my iPad and my android are asking to sign on to (re enter name and pass to DJI) and I have to look it up. What did they do now? :eek:
OK, it worked I'm better now. :)
So on my iPad when I pick a flight to play back there is RC icon on the bottom by the play button and the 1x button, etc. Tap on that and you can watch your remote sticks.

Of coarse the stuff I was talking about displaying, home point and RTH settings are not being displayed. To others was I mistaken?

Anyways, I will look at some more stuff tomorrow, upload some of my own logs, etc.This log system has been down for awhile and I can't remember everything it displays.
Free online DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer

If you upload to Healthy Drones you can still share you flight.

Rod :)

Well, I was looking at some of mind, and I uploaded this one.
I do recall have some kind of error, but when I played back on the app, It never showed up. It was a Yaw Error.
So I just played it back now, and the only message that comes up is Weak Satellite Signal, and of coarse it is in Atti mode for a while.Then later I did turned switch to Atti mode which shows in the app, and on the log viewer.

Well since this started as a battery thread.
This is what happens when you are not watching the battery level, instead watching which way it pointed, not realizing how strong the wind is 150' above your head, because the camera is so stable.
Note on this one it, it does display Home Point and RTH, some of mine do, some don't, but I always watch for that before I take off. :confused:

Rod

@NEWBeeWithPhantom
So, I downloaded your flight from @msinger s Phantom Log viewer as a txt, then copied it to my android, and played it back in the Go-app, it shows the right control all they down, and the Phantom was flying backwards in the last know direction.

Rod

No, I haven't found it. From last known GPS coordinates, it becomes a guessing game.
Did it keep going in the same direction? if so, how far?
Did it turn around at some point and head for home? If so, when did it do this?
There are infinite RTH paths from the direction that it was heading and by my calculations, based on the
battery drain in seconds before the battery stopped sending its voltage value to the controller, and based
on the speed that was last reported, it could have gone another 3.56 miles before dropping; but then the
question becomes "did it attempt an RTH when it lost contact with the controller"? At any point on that 3.56 mile
line, it could have started an RTH, but then the battery died on the way home. Each possible RTH path, along that
3.56 miles is impossible to search.
The truth is, that as soon as I got the "battery failure" , I should have issued the RTH command from the controller,
but instead i hovered the drone for a few seconds, moved it some then hovered again for over 30 seconds, and that
is when I got the "signal loss" .
Thanks for your comments.
I have turned everything over to DJI support and they have assigned it to a research team. I await what they will say.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub