Spontaneous 40' ascend with no input

I took my replacement P4 out for the first time today after updating to the latest firmware and calibrating things. Bottom line, it's only slightly better than the old P4 I sent in for repair, but it's no worse in any areas like camera, gimbal, etc.

She still has the 4 to 8' yoyo effect when you stop suddenly. It's act so different than my P3P in that regard.
The range with no Windsurfer starts getting intermittent at 4000 to 5000' just like my last P4, keeping in mind at this flight spot my P3P can easily go 2mi and still has a strong video signal. And... before I sent my P4 in, if I used an Inspire controller with my P4, it would go 12,000' with no Windsurfer. I will be shelving the P4 RC and using the Inspire RC all the time. It's got much better signal integrity, and it's got HDMI.
The one improvement I've seen is my craft will fly faster with OA enabled. I can go 19mph now, when before I could only get 15mph. It should do 22mph, and I'm perplexed why it takes 30 seconds to get up to 19mph. It's really strange.

As for my 40-60' YOYO symptoms, they are gone, it only yoyos 4-8', like my first one did from the get go. However, we all know now the 40-60' YOYOs are caused by the gimbal guard, which I have since thrown away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl