Some Video I Shot at San Francisco Beach In Cozumel Mexico

Reaction score
I shot this in 30-40 mph wind, it was pretty challenging to keep everything smooth and lined up properly. I wish I was closer to the wind surfers so I could get better footage but they were about 1/2 mile away. There were only 6 people on the entire beach until you see Santo's Beach Club. My Wife thinks I over processed it, what does everyone think?

Reactions: Mshaffn
Beautiful!

Can you share your experience about traveling with your phantom to Mexico?

security, flying, customs, etc. ?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
it went pretty smoothly, the only issue I had was going through the security checkpoint boarding the ship. I had done my research and Carnival cruise lines permits drones on the ship, however flying from the ship is prohibited. I took the drone with me to our ports of call. I hired drivers that spoke English and told them I wanted to visit places I could fly and they worked out all of the details. much less expensive than the excursions on the ship. the rules in Mexico are pretty much the same as ours. you do need a permit if your drone wieghs over 5 lbs.the Phantoms are around 3lbs

Reactions: jc523
Probably a great video if I could see it lol.

Got it, nice place!

If you measured the wind speed it may be worth checking your wind meter as I live quite close to the ocean and it looks a good deal lower to me (look at the trees).

I could spend some time there if I was down there, thanks.:):)

I shot this in 30-40 mph wind, it was pretty challenging to keep everything smooth and lined up properly. I wish I was closer to the wind surfers so I could get better footage but they were about 1/2 mile away. There were only 6 people on the entire beach until you see Santo's Beach Club. My Wife thinks I over processed it, what does everyone think?
I like it. What filter did you use?

Reactions: dougsteph
Wow that is nice footage. We are going back to Cancun in May or June and I will be bringing my Phantom.

Reactions: dougsteph
Got it, nice place!

If you measured the wind speed it may be worth checking your wind meter as I live quite close to the ocean and it looks a good deal lower to me (look at the trees).

I could spend some time there if I was down there, thanks.:):)
If you look at the wave flags they are a very stiff 90 degrees out, it was hard to keep the bird on a straight path, biggest issue was the wind was very gusty,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl