Software update

Reaction score
I have an original phantom v 1.1.1 & flown it successfully several times! My question is do I need to hook up my phantom to my computer for software upgrade & if so what would be the benefit! Also if u have a link to the easiest way to do this I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you have to plug into a PC to upgrade. It won't fall out of the sky if you don't.... but you'll be missing out on minor tweaks or possible fixes to major errors in the firmware. Plus if you haven't done so already you should plug it in and calibrate the compass and IMU.

Everything you need for the 1.1.1 can be found here : http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

Thanks bud I really appreciate the response/advice!

Good question, I would imagine it is. Be silly if DJI built a PC only firmware for a quad that you can fly with an iPad lol.

Maybe someone with a Mac can chime in, I'm not seeing a dedicated Mac friendly download link on that page...

HeliRy said:
Be silly if DJI...

Heh, let me stop you right there :D

The issue isn't compatibility with the firmware, it's just the fact that the NAZA Assistant for the P1 does not have a mac version currently. I believe the workaround is to use a windows emulator (wine, parallels, etc) or some similar environment to use the software.

Once you do the upgrade on the 1.1.1 you will most likely have to change your receiver type to Dbus in the NAZAM program. Otherwise your radio won't communicate with the coptor.

Sorry rickhz please break down what u just said! Over my head!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12