So, you drilled holes in your transmitter and now you regret it?

Reaction score
I currently have the DBS / ITELITE panel, but I'm really intrigued by the Alfa mod. I want to do a back to back test, but there's a big problem. I drilled holes in the face of my transmitter, just like this one:

Ak0x9dH.jpg

In order to use Alfa antennas, connectors have to be on top. So, what the heck to do with the 3 holes in the face of the transmitter?

... well check these out:

Everbilt 1/4 in. Nylon Locking Hole Plug (2-Piece per Pack)-808058 - The Home Depot

f2987615-15e9-4e98-9197-b4aa317170fa_1000.jpg

I bought these and they fit the holes like a glove and they look pretty darn good too. They click in. Those little prongs hold them, but I put a drop of super glue on the side part, just to be sure.

20170221_235452.jpg

Thanks Matt,

I'm still staring at my controller trying to get the courage to drill one hole for a monitor mount.

Now I know I can fix it if I stuff up !

Reactions: p3s_noob
Thanks Matt,

Now I'm even less worried about getting the DBS mod for my P3S.

What type of ranges are you getting with your P3S with the DBS mod installed?

Thanks Matt,

Now I'm even less worried about getting the DBS mod for my P3S.

What type of ranges are you getting with your P3S with the DBS mod installed?

I only did 5400 feet, but not because of the antenna. I chickened out and hit RTH. I think I'm going to go up to the park today and see if I can be a bit braver.

Hey Matts, what is the 'alpha mod'? Is it just relocating the connectors and still use the DBS antenna, or is it something completely different?

Reactions: jwmcgrath
Hey Matts, what is the 'alpha mod'? Is it just relocating the connectors and still use the DBS antenna, or is it something completely different?

+1 for me... did a search and there is of talk about it but not many specifics... Bing and eBay didn't help either. Spill the beans Matt!

I saw pics of the panel antennas, but can you "nutshell" what's involved?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Alfa. Not Alpha.

All of the wisdom that you seek is in this thread:

DIY Antenna Modification - RANGE TEST (14,180 FEET) with DJI Phantom 3 Standard

and if you join this Facebook page, you could win a set for free:

需要安全验证

You have to post "yes, please" on the Alfa contest post.

LMAO what's funny about this is that I had already found that thread and bookmarked it for later reading and haven't gotten to it yet! Didn't even know what was in it other than it's a range mod thread!

Thanks Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I only did 5400 feet, but not because of the antenna. I chickened out and hit RTH. I think I'm going to go up to the park today and see if I can be a bit braver.
That should be meters or yards, not feet. lol
I have the same setup as you, and before the amps was in the 3000 meter range.
You know I'm just playing with you, right.

I went 9000 something a few days ago. :)

View attachment 77100
That's more like it, but over water !! Your braver than me, don't think I would have the nerve for that.
Like today, pushed it too far out in the wind (4592 meters), had a bad headwind coming back and landed in a farmer's corn field about 400 meters away. Even though I turned around with about 65% battery left the headwind was too much (25 mph) and landed with 6% battery.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan