Need Help With Long Distance Option !?

Reaction score
Hey everyone !!

I have been playing around with the idea of doing a itelite mod or something similar to get a stronger signal (highly congested area I live in).

The windsurfer has worked pretty well for me but I have 2 remotes (and 2 aircraft) which makes me a little less nervous to open up one of the transmitters and experiment.

1st thing is I hate the look of the holes drilled in the transmitter to accommodate the fpvlr/dis/itelite setups. I have been trying to figure out a way to use the stock antenna holes & stumbled upon this. (Pics below)

Now to the pros out there, with this setup I can use the directional panel type antennas that come with it or even swap out to an omni directional high gain antenna as well as use an itelite panel antenna.

How would you guess these panel type antennas that come with this kit will work & will they help me at all in regards to distance / better signal in congested area ?? Or has anyone actually tried this setup !!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 383
  • image.png
    image.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 303
I'm not sure if the photos are working but here is the setup that Has me interested. Junk ? Or will it make a difference ?
c63ad7b454c1b2fc169a211a264a9e9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's really hard to "guess" how an antenna is going to perform. It's not just the technical aspects of the antenna, but also the build behind it. This seems to be particularly true with obscure Chinese-made antennas. The only way to know for sure is somebody needs to purchase it and test it. But in most cases, the buyer is disappointed.

Hope this helps.

4568222d16930dfe69da30b5f8127212.jpg
14d8616801d854f72569f8ebee79f72a.jpg

Do you know anything about build ? Would these photos help ?

East or West GTA? I just use the one piece aluminum dual Windsurfer.

West end. I use the windsurfer also .. But I have 2 transmitters (and 2 phantom 3's) so I'm wanting to start playing around with one of them & was interested in trying these because of signal congestion in my area .. Not really for distance

Yourself air Ontario ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.