So what's the deal with the camera?

Rather than taking a screenshot of your crop which reduces the image quality substantially, you should crop both then save the images and upload the crop somewhere for a more accurate analysis :)

Honestly, this is kind of ridiculous. They are both pretty close. Why does everything on here come down to someone justifying their purchase. FCOL the Mavic looks to be amazing... And we know the 4 is amazing. So why do we have to burn one model down to tout the other. Same thing happened between the 3 and 4.

If you want to keep your 4 and don't want a Mavic.. Good for you. If you want to sell your previous Phantom and get a Mavic. Good for you. I'm keeping my 3 and buying the Mavic.. I read up on it and thought it would be something I would enjoy. Done deal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Honestly, this is kind of ridiculous. They are both pretty close. Why does everything on here come down to someone justifying their purchase. FCOL the Mavic looks to be amazing... And we know the 4 is amazing. So why do we have to burn one model down to tout the other. Same thing happened between the 3 and 4.

If you want to keep your 4 and don't want a Mavic.. Good for you. If you want to sell your previous Phantom and get a Mavic. Good for you. I'm keeping my 3 and buying the Mavic.. I read up on it and thought it would be something I would enjoy. Done deal.

+1 I'm keeping my P3P and have ordered the Mavic as well. Different use cases. The Mavic is going to live with me, the P3P for when it gets serious (imagine turning up at a shoot with a tiny tiny fold up drone...)

+1 I'm keeping my P3P and have ordered the Mavic as well. Different use cases. The Mavic is going to live with me, the P3P for when it gets serious (imagine turning up at a shoot with a tiny tiny fold up drone...)
I'd be keen to hear how much use you get out of the P3 in 6 months. I reckon it'll collect dust.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4wd

I'm not burning models, I'm trying to explain that the image quality on the Mavic is on par with the amazing quality of the P4... But it's a fraction of the size and with OcuSync has some more advanced features :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Jonathan Morrison just did a review and touched on why the footage can become blurry. Great video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jonathan Morrison just did a review and touched on why the footage can become blurry. Great video.

Finally, someone who actually reviews a piece of tech who doesn't have his brain stuck in how things were in the past.

Reactions: Kman
to. There's a wealth of information on there with lots of focused sample videos and independent reviews.

It sounds like the P4 may be a better fit for you if you want to launch it off your lawn :) apart from that, all reports are that the Mavic is better in every other respect.

I already made up my mind before folks starting arguing and comparing image quality to the P4. I'm getting it because of its portability and maybe someone will come up with a detachable landing gear so I can still take off from my lawn. ;)

I don't know if this video has be posted, but it's a interesting review. And, I hate to say it, but the stills looks better than the P4. Simply put, I'm excited to get the mavic. Just a few more weeks, guys!

I just saw another mavic video that said that the camera must be focused on the controller each time it's flown or unfocused video and pics are the result,,,,, sorry if that was already mentioned.

I just noticed this video came online too and he did do a great job with it. However, I completely disagree with his affinity for the auto-focus and I feel like DJI got it backwards. The Mavic is designed to get it off the ground quick and they did an incredible job with that, but now I have to constantly fumble around with focusing as I fly? Casey Neistat's latest footage still looks soft to me. Better than his initial footage, but still not on par with his P4. Again, everything designed around the Mavic is plug and play, but this auto-focus feature certainly is not.

Just my two cents, but what I feel DJI should have done is have the Mavic perform focusing in the exact same way the P4 does with the added manual option for auto-focusing. This seems like it would lessen confusion, align the Mavic with its plug and play marketing, and give those who want auto-focusing the option to do so.

In his video I see the lightening port on the controller... but in others I see the cord??. Does this Mavic have a lightening port in the phone clamp?

still looks soft to me
For years, most "optimal image quality" recommendations have always put Phantoms at negative sharpness, so I'm not really bothered by the idea that the Mavic is 'softer' than a Phantom at default settings.

I am curious if the camera has similar settings to the Phantoms where you could add sharpness if you really feel you need it, but several of the newer reviews are stating that this is a genuine good thing.

In his video I see the lightening port on the controller... but in others I see the cord??. Does this Mavic have a lightening port in the phone clamp?
In the box, you get a Lightning (no 'e' in that word, btw :) )-to-microUSB (as well as a straight micro-to-micro for Android users), which attaches to the left side - the same port you use for charging the controller. Additionally, there's a USB-A port at the bottom of the controller, as you've noted. Either port works for connection to the phone.

You can make it out in this picture, and see the cables as part of "What's In the Box" in the DJI store. Annoyingly, almost every single live shot of the controller has someone holding it with their left hand, or is at an angle from the right side, so it wasn't actually clear to me until earlier today.

In the box, you get a Lightning (no 'e' in that word, btw :) )-to-microUSB (as well as a straight micro-to-micro for Android users), which attaches to the left side - the same port you use for charging the controller. Additionally, there's a USB-A port at the bottom of the controller, as you've noted. Either port works for connection to the phone.

You can make it out in this picture, and see the cables as part of "What's In the Box" in the DJI store. Annoyingly, almost every single live shot of the controller has someone holding it with their left hand, or is at an angle from the right side, so it wasn't actually clear to me until earlier today.

Is the magic compatible with USB-c that's found on the note 7?

Is the magic compatible with USB-c that's found on the note 7?
You have to separately buy the USB C and reverse micro usb(nexus phones etc) cords. You can just use your existing cable that came with your phone, and plug it into the full size usb port as well.

First of smart guy, I know how to spell Lightning... It was a typo.

Second thanks for the info... I bought a Mavic... It just looks like the Lightning plug is part of the controller, and not attached to a cord.

Thanks for the clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

First of smart guy, I know how to spell Lightning... It was a typo.

Second thanks for the info... I bought a Mavic... It just looks like the Lightning plug is part of the controller, and not attached to a cord.

Thanks for the clarity.

There's a lightning port built in to the left handle and there's a USB port as well that can be used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers