So i crashed my P4P last weekend [Video]

Now im confused. You were able to set your video cache to 8GB? I thought maximum video cache is 2GB.
Maximum is 16gb. Notice how it even says storage space.

IMG_0007.PNG

Maximum is 16gb. Notice how it even says storage space
View attachment 90470

Thanks for the pix. Those values are too small for disk space. Tablets disk storage space starts at 16GB or 32GB. Anyway I dont doubt your word that your videos are ending up in local storage. But I am not convinced that the videos are written to disk directly. Writing to disk is slow. I will test this when I get my P4PO and I will let you know what I find out.

Maximum is 16gb. Notice how it even says storage space.

View attachment 90470

I just found out that there are 4 types of cache: browser, memory, disk, and processor. Disk cache refers to your local drive space devoted to RAM. Memory cache refers to the memory chip installed. I have 2 2GB chips on my iPad. Not sure if it has disk RAM. I will research this later.

Thanks for the pix. Those values are too small for disk space. Tablets disk storage space starts at 16GB or 32GB. Anyway I dont doubt your word that your videos are ending up in local storage. But I am not convinced that the videos are written to disk directly. Writing to disk is slow. I will test this when I get my P4PO and I will let you know what I find out.
.... The limitation on how much you can store is coded inside of DJIs app. It has NOTHING to do with storage sizes on tablets. DJI is the one that gives you options from 2gb through 16gb. If you want more, you have to request that of DJI. This setting is how much storage space DJI app will use on the device. Period. You cannot control how much RAM or CPU it uses, as those are internal to the code of the program. This is the one option DJI gives us, controlling storage space used on the device for cache of logs/video/files, etc. Beating a dead horse here. This is my last reply on this. None of this is new information, this is long well known info. Go ask DJI directly on their forums they'll tell you the same.

I ran may P3S into a fire tower this spring - I had to completely rebuild the gimbal - last month I clipped the top of a light pole with my P4 and broke both gimbal arms, landing gear and the body shell - replace the shell, complete rebuild on the gimbal and right now waiting for the landing gear so I can finish her up. It was purchase as a refurb so I guess some things never change.

Attachments

• 20171022_182203[2].jpg
    20171022_182203[2].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • 20171108_194647[1].jpg
    20171108_194647[1].jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 232
  • 20171022_170623[2].jpg
    20171022_170623[2].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 222

Members online

No members online now.