So i crashed my P4P last weekend [Video]

Congratulations. I had to find out the hard way just how beasty my P4P was last weekend when I hit a chain linked fence almost at full speed about 5 feet off the asphalt. I was practicing atti mode and couldn't judge my breaking distance 30 meters away; cracked the tempered glass on the lenses cap, lost an led cover and the access panels popped out on two legs. All in all it still fly like new. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Dididi Pictures
I'd like to see the video of the crash ( from the drone)and not of a Phantom on the ground with one damaged prop and the battery within a foot of it , then I'll be a believer.

Didnt record during the flight, you just have to take my word for it.. It was a spruce tree, about 10-12 meters up.. And a pretty soft landing with all the bushes and vegetation..

Didnt record during the flight, you just have to take my word for it.. It was a spruce tree, about 10-12 meters up.. And a pretty soft landing with all the bushes and vegetation..
I believe it can happen it's just seeing the actual video of it removes all doubt, they're tough but your also extremely lucky if it suffered no damage, happy flying...

Congratulations. I had to find out the hard way just how beasty my P4P was last weekend when I hit a chain linked fence almost at full speed about 5 feet off the asphalt. I was practicing atti mode and couldn't judge my breaking distance 30 meters away; cracked the tempered glass on the lenses cap, lost an led cover and the access panels popped out on two legs. All in all it still fly like new. Lesson learned.
Did something similiar, same leg access cover came off on mine, front obstacle avoidance sensor access panel. Mine still flies great, senses object distances correctly, but says there is a object avoidance sensor calibration issue...doesn’t seem like it. It hovers nicely, even in heavy winds...so I dinged up something, but it doesn’t seem to care.

Oh yeah...I chipped a prop too...

I believe the drone records video whether you are or not. You can pull the video off of there.

I believe the drone records video whether you are or not. You can pull the video off of there.
Im not sure it does unless you have video caching on...can’t swear to it...but I know all my videos are already on my tablet after I video through the GO4 app. Flights I didn’t record video aren’t there. I found this was somehow related to. 2 Gb video catching switch in set up menu....when I shut that off none of my recorded videos made it to my iPad

Im not sure it does unless you have video caching on...can’t swear to it...but I know all my videos are already on my tablet after I video through the GO4 app. Flights I didn’t record video aren’t there. I found this was somehow related to. 2 Gb video catching switch in set up menu....when I shut that off none of my recorded videos made it to my iPad
Where do I find this where you set video cache to 2GB? Can you lower the number or is it 2GB or off? If you have a tablet that only have 2GB of RAM may pose a problem even if you only use DJI GO. Built in apps or apps that came with the tablet may use that 2GB of RAM. Only the newer ipads come with 4GB of RAM.

Where do I find this where you set video cache to 2GB? Can you lower the number or is it 2GB or off? If you have a tablet that only have 2GB of RAM may pose a problem even if you only use DJI GO. Built in apps or apps that came with the tablet may use that 2GB of RAM. Only the newer ipads come with 4GB of RAM.
DJI Video Cache is local storage NOT RAM. Two very different things.

I don’t have the drone out right now, but I believe it’s under drone , as I recall the first page view has another cache setting at bottom of page, as you scroll past it, it’s the very next cache setting...and yes you can set the amount of cache upto a 2 Gb setting...so it is variable. You can also turn it off.

Try using the editor to see if you have the video.

I don’t have the drone out right now, but I believe it’s under drone , as I recall the first page view has another cache setting at bottom of page, as you scroll past it, it’s the very next cache setting...and yes you can set the amount of cache upto a 2 Gb setting...so it is variable. You can also turn it off.
Thanks for the info. I’m still waiting for my P4PO so I can’t check if for myself yet. This is important setting you need to watch out for when you start having problems with video speed. This setting I believe is for amount of RAM and not local storage devoted to processing video. I believe strongly that it does not write video directly to local storage. It’s like typing a document. It does not write to disk until you hit save or until the app automatically saves it for you.

Thanks for the info. I’m still waiting for my P4PO so I can’t check if for myself yet. This is important setting you need to watch out for when you start having problems with video speed. This setting I believe is for amount of RAM and not local storage devoted to processing video. I believe strongly that it does not write video directly to local storage. It’s like typing a document. It does not write to disk until you hit save or until the app automatically saves it for you.
Well as I stated when I shut off the caching, the subsequent videos were no longer on my tablet after shutting down, packing up and using tablet in stand alone hours later. All the one prior with video caching on, were.

One of the problems with iPad seems to be its “super secret” non-existent filing system, so it’s hard to tell exactly what is going on

Yes..the iPad doesn’t help much here either as it’s filing system seems to have been designed basically to be hidden from the user...so it’s very difficult for me to tell what happens when I turn on and shut off caching...all I know is with it on, videos are on my iPad with no action of my own hours after flights are over and ipad is in stand alone mode. With caching shut off...they are not there at all.

Yes..the iPad doesn’t help much here either as it’s filing system seems to have been designed basically to be hidden from the user...so it’s very difficult for me to tell what happens when I turn on and shut off caching...all I know is with it on, videos are on my iPad with no action of my own hours after flights are over and ipad is in stand alone mode. With caching shut off...they are not there at all.
It makes sense, if you turn off caching, it does not have anything in memory to save to local storage. If it directly writes to disk then that would be slow. Output to screen is much faster than output to disk.

The setting in the app for video cache size is not not RAM. It's local storage. I have it set to 8GB on my iPad. My iPad only has 1gb of RAM. I have zero issues with video speed or latency. But the DJI app does indeed take up 8GB of disk space after I've recorded/flown enough. If I change it to 2gb the DJI app disk usage will drop to 2gb.

Last edited:
The setting in the app for video cache size is not not RAM. It's local storage. I have it set to 8GB on my iPad. My iPad only has 1gb of RAM. I have zero issues with video speed or latency. But the DJI app does indeed take up 8GB of disk space after I've recorded/flown enough. If I change it to 2gb the DJI app disk usage will drop to 2gb.
Now im confused. You were able to set your video cache to 8GB? I thought maximum video cache is 2GB.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl