So has any one flown on the new firmware (v1.1.301)?

UPDATE: Deleted the assistant and re-installed. all good now... gotta love it.

First thing I did was check to see if the gimbal calibration works. No error messages now. Flying this weekend. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited:
I noticed my app (Asus tablet ) the velocities I think are now the cooler looking circles instead of the line layout they were, so if that the case, I'm stoked about that

I just experienced a perfect upgrade.

I started RC - iPad - Aircraft ... waited for about 5 minutes and the only upgrade that was required was the Aircraft. The warning directed me to the home screen to download upgrade.

Went to home screen and downloaded the update. Then it directed me to connect my iPad to the Aircraft. I did and started the upgrade. It took about 8 minutes and completed to 100% and disappeared. During the process some camera movement and some lights flashing. At 95% it even cycled the craft off then back on.

I turned everything off and back on RC - iPad - Aircraft. Now it told me the RC needed to be upgraded. I downloaded the update and started the upgrade. It also finished to 100% and disappeared. This took about 6 minutes and had normal RC beeping noise during update.

I cycled everything off and back on and all is well. Piece of cake!!!

I will fly it tomorrow!

Same exact process and success as mine was. I try not to use the Assistant 2 as it seems buggy and always "updates" itself every time I open it, even if I open it 5 times a day, version number never changes and there isn't a new version on the site.

DJI GO app is the way to go to update.

Updated lastnight with out any problems. Also installed DB Mods. Will try this morning

I turned RC on and upgrade RC message pop up, nothing about aircraft. Updated the RC and then lost connection with aircraft. I guess both have to be updated, but nothing came up about the aircraft firmware upgrade. So, I came to computer and just finished the phantom upgrade.

I flew 12500 feet today. I did get some weak signals and then they went away at about 8500 ft. And that's with a DBMods. Rural area over fields

Hi guys, I flew last yesterday arvo and it is rock solid. I'm not sure if anything has changed really but I don't report any issues.

The update was a bit of a cluster... The DJi go said to connect to computer and then the computer didn't detect it, so I try the go app and then it says update available... In the end I got there... Key is to update the P4 first.

Last edited:
I flew 12500 feet today. I did get some weak signals and then they went away at about 8500 ft. And that's with a DBMods. Rural area over fields
I recently did 15,100' with the previous firmware, using Windsurfer. I never lost video feed. I wonder if this firmware is another detuning of Lightbridge. I can't imagine my $25 Windsurfer working better than that fancy DBMods setup.
upload_2016-4-8_15-36-8.png

Reactions: bucnastyflo
I thought there was a new firmware for the P4. I connected my p4 to the iPad and transmitter and waited to see if an update firmware
symbol in red came up and it did not. Assuming I have the latest firmware if it does not say to upgrade. I have not upgraded firmware since the second or third day I received the P4.

I thought there was a new firmware for the P4. I connected my p4 to the iPad and transmitter and waited to see if an update firmware
symbol in red came up and it did not. Assuming I have the latest firmware if it does not say to upgrade. I have not upgraded firmware since the second or third day I received the P4.
Yes, there is a new P4 and RC firmware upgrade. For some people it has been elusive to get the upgrade prompt because it doesn't show up. I saw it in the Digital Assistant 2 app, but that app has been flakey for some. Seems to work on my PC OK, but I'm not upgrading for a while. I'm letting others vet the process and results.

You have to turn your controller and P4 off a few times and close down the app fully (end in task bar) and open it back up.

Then you should see a notice on the home screen.

I recently did 15,100' with the previous firmware, using Windsurfer. I never lost video feed. I wonder if this firmware is another detuning of Lightbridge. I can't imagine my $25 Windsurfer working better than that fancy DBMods setup.
View attachment 49950
I got the windsurfer also and to tell you the truth I think I could have saved 100 bucks but hopefully it was a fLuke and I will try it again

I can't get mine to install sadly. the farthest I can get is downloading the firmware, but then it won't recognize when the P4 is plugged via USB. won't fly till then unfortunately.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4