So has any one flown on the new firmware (v1.1.301)?

Reaction score
So the burning questions...

How is the horizon? and moving around looking at the horizon? (Someone said in another thread that the yaw is now different)

Range? still the same or improved?

Battery life (I doubt firmware will fix this....)

Anything else new? I suspect the coding of the P3 gimbal will translate into tweaks for the Phantom 4, even if they don't explicitly say anything.

Phantom 4:
What’s New:
1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.
2. Optimized take-off logic for the aircraft when the compass experiences interference.
3. Corrected system status information for some batteries.
4. Increased downloading speed for photos and videos.

Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced

What’s New:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters.
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode.
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.

After install.... I get rc signal lost

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Installed the firmware update, then installed the RC update. Links up, flies, lands just like it did before. No obvious changes.

Oblivie make sure you update your RC from the DJI GO app.

Great question! Was wondering the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did.... Says 1.6.0

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Apparently from another user at another forum "Gimbal doesn't jerk back when yawing. It's smooth now."

Mine says 1.5.70?

f0adb34ea44d8f61d56d73254a1c80cc.jpg

When I look that update up its from November?
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nm it's that number because it's a standard

I just experienced a perfect upgrade.

I started RC - iPad - Aircraft ... waited for about 5 minutes and the only upgrade that was required was the Aircraft. The warning directed me to the home screen to download upgrade.

Went to home screen and downloaded the update. Then it directed me to connect my iPad to the Aircraft. I did and started the upgrade. It took about 8 minutes and completed to 100% and disappeared. During the process some camera movement and some lights flashing. At 95% it even cycled the craft off then back on.

I turned everything off and back on RC - iPad - Aircraft. Now it told me the RC needed to be upgraded. I downloaded the update and started the upgrade. It also finished to 100% and disappeared. This took about 6 minutes and had normal RC beeping noise during update.

I cycled everything off and back on and all is well. Piece of cake!!!

I will fly it tomorrow!

P3S updated with no problems only did one update. Did IMU, re sinc'd Rc to quad. As far as I can tell it flies the same. Don't know if this is new but signal loss can't be changed. It's on "return home"

I got the notice when I was getting ready to take off. I flew anyways, came back, switched batteries, updated through DJI GO off cellular data, and flew again. No issues and didn't notice anything new. Wasn't looking really hard though.

Seems about the same to me. Haven't noticed anything different though I've been paying more attention to my new iPad pro 9.7

i get update failed time after time after time

Are you doing it with the Assistant or through the go app? I had no problem doing it with the assistant. Done in less than 10 minutes

Are you doing it with the Assistant or through the go app? I had no problem doing it with the assistant. Done in less than 10 minutes

assistant. now it says failed when i pressed "refresh" on the previous version, it failed too. now idk what to do

Others might be able to offer you help. I have had problems before and just switched to a different computer (I really just switch my OS) or to a different apple product (Phone or iPad) When one failed I tried the others and it always worked on one. Not sure though. The updating seems to be pretty shotty IMO.

i just have it connected to the macbook pro and I'm following what the assistant says. theres nothing about the remote being involved at all so Im not sure why anyone is doing that. remote has already been upgraded... it's off and my iPhone is not connected either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4