Smart RTH?

What he's talking about is the ON/OFF selectable "Smart RTH" feature available in the vision settings menu. Why is no one, reps included, capable of giving him (and the rest of us) a straight answer as to what it does?

Reactions: jakobe75
What he's talking about is the ON/OFF selectable "Smart RTH" feature available in the vision settings menu.
There is no "Smart RTH" feature in the "Visual/Visual Navigation Settings" section of DJI GO 4 for the P4 (if that's what you're referring to).

Sure there is.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: AyeYo
@Duchunter, that's a different section of DJI GO. Instead of making us guess what you're referring to, can you confirm whether or not the screenshot you posted above is what you're asking us to discuss here?

Yes, absolutely, 100%! That is indeed what I am referring to. I'm sorry if I confused you or anyone else. I just figured we all have the DJIGo app (or similar application) and this is the only place in the settings menu that gives you an option to turn on or off the Smart RTH feature. I didn't think it was that complex an inquiry. I apologize for my lack of detailed information.

Reactions: jakobe75
Thank you for confirming.

When the "Smart Return-to-Home" setting is enabled, your Phantom will prompt you to return home at the point where it thinks it only has enough battery power left to safely make it back to the home point. You'll have 10 seconds to cancel that action. If you do nothing, your Phantom will start returning home after 10 seconds. Keep in mind that this calculation is not always 100% accurate. For example, if your Phantom is going to be flying into a strong headwind on the way home, it might not make it back if you wait until RTH auto initiates.

Reactions: Duchunter
I'm gonna go out on limb here and wager a guess that, since it's in the battery settings, it makes the quad initiate a RTH when it calculates that you have only enough power to get home. Normally you just get a warning but it's still up to you to get it home. I'm not going to test that theory though.

I'm gonna go out on limb here and wager a guess that, since it's in the battery settings, it makes the quad initiate a RTH when it calculated that you have only enough power to get home.
No limb needed. Read my comment again above ;)

Reactions: Duchunter
No limb needed. Read my comment again above ;)
Well that's what I wanted to know. I do still get the not enough battery to RTH warning but yeah with it off it doesn't initiate a RTH on its on. I think I will turn it on. It's been of because I misunderstood just exactly what it is that the smart RTH did. I would definitely like for it to initiate RTH when the battery has just enough juice to make it home. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone noticed that smart rth option seems to have been removed from the Go 4 app since the last update? Or has it simply been moved once again? I've looked everywhere for it--though perhaps not as well as I should have (as my wife sometimes suggests).

Has anyone noticed that smart rth option seems to have been removed from the Go 4 app since the last update?
DJI moved it to the "Aircraft Battery" section of DJI GO a few versions ago.

DJI-GO-Smart-Return-to-Home-DJIGO4.jpg

Yes but it's not there now.
I see it in the current version of DJI GO 4 on both Apple/Android devices. Did you try reinstalling DJI GO 4?

Reactions: skyeboysteve
I see it in the current version of DJI GO 4 on both Apple/Android devices. Did you try reinstalling DJI GO 4?
Interesting... both my apps on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S+ didn't show the option till I re-installed them. Makes me wonder if perhaps I should just make a habit of doing a fresh install after every update... other than having to re-install the channel hack each time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka