Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Slug slime on gimble - how to clean?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trumple, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Trumple

Hello!

So I arrived in Switzerland, and decided to take my P3 for a spin (after reading local laws of course)

I took off on damp grass a few times, but it flew perfectly. After I'd had my fun, I put it back in my hardshell case and took it back to the hotel.

Today I'm heading to the Matterhorn with my P3, but I opened up the case this morning to find I had a stowaway! A small slug had slithered all over the place, including the gimble. Fortunately it avoided the motors and most of the moving parts, but I have slug slime all over it! Fortunately the slug stayed on the case's foam for a while, which constantly sucked the moisture from the slug, causing it to die pretty quickly. As a result, my stowaway didn't get too far so the slime is localised to a few parts of the gimble.

A quick test shows the gimble is fine, but I'd like to clean the slime off. I contemplated using a damp microfibre cloth but I'm worried that will just force moisture into the seams. Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

2. RoyVa

The camera and gimbel ar fairly hardy. You shouldn't have a problem. Mild soap and water on a damp cloth should do the trick then just dry it off. Even a little alcohol would do the trick... Hmmm Jim Beam it Jack Daniels .... Na!

3. Trumple

Thanks for the reassurance, I think I'll give it a wipe with a damp cloth. Seems quite stuck on there though!

4. GoodnNuff

You might need to try a solvent like alcohol, The PNW slugs we deal with up here are large and tenacious, soap and water doesn't work on their slime. You don't want to step on a 6 inch banana slug with bare feet...

Trumple likes this.