Sloppy software altitude bugs.

Reaction score
In my altitude issues with my P4 and GO often reporting a take-off point as zero feet, but landing later shows -50 feet on the same spot, I switched to Autologic's Autopilot and flew a flat flight in a 300 foot square box over a large football field complex at goalpost crossbar's height as a reference.

Autopilot showed a constant height in the software within a couple of feet, but I could see the drone climb to above the top goalpost's uprights (Ones above the horizontal crossbeam.) on the return leg of the box. Autopilot showed the same altitude as when it started.

It again flew out at same crossbar height (Same flight. No landing.), but return was always above the uprights and the software showed same height as the crossbar. Maybe a 10 foot difference between the outgoing and return legs, but not 50 feet off as in GO. Autopilot's software showed a couple of feet difference at most. GO was just sloppy and everywhere in numbers.

In GO, the drone wavered a bit in height too, but GO reported flying underground at times (-6 feet. Really DJI?!!) and all the way down to -50 feet at times which is disturbing.

Autopilot had the drone flying on the outward leg at the correct height, but the return leg was always higher by 10 feet. GO was pretty much useless on screen numbers and height wavering.

So something is very different in the two softwares with Autopilot being closer, and maybe something in the drone as the direction of flight seems to change its altitude too. Little wind but maybe the pressure on the barometer between the legs changed, although I would expect the software to screen accurate altitude numbers if changed.

Autopilot's recent update (yesterday) speaks of some new "Added Altitude and Distance Tolerance Movement Parameters" being added to it. Haven't played with those yet or found them.

More testing to be done...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl