Silly question, but now what?

Does it use its own camera and video downlink? So I was asking if you lose video feed going out too far before the phantom's camera does?
If I'm not mistaken, it's HDMI to your controller (you need to install an HDMI module on your phantom controller) and everything else remains exactly the same.

Update. I've had the drone for two weeks now, and I *try* to fly every day, even if its only ~10 minutes (weather, time, daylight permitting).

I've mostly been flying around a lake behind my office building, and around the neighborhood at home. I try to film everything, but I haven't captured anything noteworthy or particularly pretty. I've stayed in P-mode so far, and haven't really had any close calls. Though I will admit that yesterday I did get my sticks mixed up and almost backed into a tree, over water no less.

I've gotten to ~400 feet vertical a few times, and I've maxed out lateral distance at roughly 1600 feet. Everything has been VLOS so far. Lots of interference here in the neighborhood.

Today I decided that I would hike up a hill close by and try to fly a POI around a water tower, but the access road was clearly posted with No Trespassing signs. So I was kind of bummed about that.

At this point I'm just looking for places near me I can fly - trying to conceive of things that might be interesting to film. There is a creek maybe a mile away - I've thought about flying the creek channel itself. But there are lots of overhanging branches and I'm not confident enough to risk it.

I've purchased a few accessories: memory cards, shade for the controller, and an extra battery. Next Saturday I'm going with a bump of jeep guys offroading, and I plan on bringing the phantom with me; hopefully I will find something to video.

Reactions: rleigh
Thutch. I've had my P4 for 3 weeks now. First day i had it on beginner mode for an hour and then got bored. Flick it to S (Sport) mode, fly it to a decent height above all obstacles and let it have its reigns.
You will have a ball and nothing sounds better that a P4 at full throttle with a tail wind. Just enjoy it. This is why you purchased it. Life is too short to worry. Plus this is the most forgiving/stable UAV I have flown.

Sent from my SM-T710 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: thutch
Crashing is not inevitable. and you very well might get sucked into the 4k vortex. Even your boring video will look incredible and you'll become a pro cinematographer. Go to a place where it is near impossible to hit something and fly a lot. Let the altitude take care of itself. When you do fly POV you'll see how easy it is. when it doubt, stop (something you can't do in a Cessna). Plan your flights. See if there's eggs in that bird nest. Check out blossoms at the top of a Saguaro. Follow a freight train. Fly at night. Watch fireworks. Go on a whale watching boat. Find Bin Laden. look for a lost dog.

Haven't tried any long range flights yet. Still getting accustomed to using them and usually do not fly too far out of sight.

Careful about that bird nest. Mamma or Papa may come after your bird.
Go ahead and follow that creek, just get over the trees.
I've been testing and learning how to determine bottom and top clearance by FP as height can be deceiving. What I just figured out though is if an object goes above the horizon when camera view is horizontal, you won't clear it. If it is below 1/3 screen as you approach, (turn on grid view), you should clear it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT