Signal range vertically

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to fly to the forums and this is my first post :)

I have a P3A and the other day while flying it i took it up to 165M high and i got a weak signal warning. Was flying in an open area with no obstructions. I thought they go much higher than this so does it mean there's a problem somewhere?

I've flown it almost 1km away with no signal loss but vertically it got the weak signal message.

Was using a sony Z3 tablet and a fully charged battery if thats any help?

Did you have the antennas vertical against the controller? If so, that's part of the problem. For best reception, the antennas need to be "facing" the aircraft.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dandesbo
The flat side of antenna facing the craft, if the bird is away from you antennas vertical, if bird directly over you antennas horizontal.

Reactions: Lucone
In addition to orienting the Controller's antennas correctly, having the a/c, at or near, directly overhead significantly reduces the a/c antennas' cross-section.

Because they are vertically polarized dipoles only the end or tips are facing the controller.

In addition to orienting the Controller's antennas correctly, having the a/c, at or near, directly overhead significantly reduces the a/c antennas' cross-section.

Because they are vertically polarized dipoles only the end or tips are facing the controller.
This was almost directly above so makes sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl