Signal Interference with another drone

Reaction score
I have a new one for you guys.
One drone went up and two came back!!
I was flying my P3P following waypoints using the Litchi app. I lost signal to my controller and I noted that the drone was returning about 100m high - At this stage I assumed that it was my drone and I tried to land it manually but it wasn't responding. I was panicking slightly so I hit the return to home button - when I looked up there were two drones returning and they were very close to each other. I cancelled the RTH but could not control either drone - by now I didn't know which was mine so I hit the RTH button again and finally my drone landed. I immediately switched off my controller and the other drone took off - it was doing circles overhead for about a minute but then I assume the other person controlling it managed to take over and I saw the drone descending in a nearby house's yard.
Whew that was scary. But I nearly ended up with two drones.
Anybody else had this experience?
Any explanations?

Thinking about it. When I saw a drone overhead I assumed it was my drone returning (it probably wasn't). When I hit the RTH button my drone started to come back) and this resulted in the confusion.
In fact I just watched the video. My drone completed the mission even without signal back to the RC. So in fact it was probably me interfering with the signal of the second drone - I nearly landed it.

Last edited:
I'm guessing here but, the possibility of your RC connecting with another AC would be slim to none, without each being linked to one another. Anything is possible but, not likely.

I'm guessing here but, the possibility of your RC connecting with another AC would be slim to none, without each being linked to one another. Anything is possible but, not likely.

Agreed. This is a pretty unlikely scenario. It sounds like the OP got confused by the two drones operating in close proximity to each other.

Agreed. This is a pretty unlikely scenario. It sounds like the OP got confused by the two drones operating in close proximity to each other.
Indeed. Makes the most sense. Would be interesting to know if the other AC operator noticed loss of control during the event.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart