Show off your Cases!!

I love my Microraptor case.. Space for everything, waterproof, and tough.. Expensive at almost $200 though
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452826104.857042.jpg

Here is my phantompak. Well, it's a product of my company now but the original motivation was from a trip I took In Africa in 2014 w/ my P2. I had a hard time putting all my range extending antennas, prop guards, harness, charger, and the drone itself into a carry-on luggage. I was so pissed off so when I got back to the states I started to design my own backpack. The idea is to put as much as stuff in a backpack. Almost all the cases/packs out there use pre-cut foam core, which really wasted a lot of room. So what I did was to use "divider" walls kinda like the stock paper core. The walls are made of EVA and also work as structural support. Took me almost a year to get the final product. We've been making motorcycle touring luggage for 10 years and all the knowledge and resource made this possible. It'll fit all phantoms 1 to 3. Check it out. It's probably the most accommodating one out there. EVA shell and all.

View attachment 40375 View attachment 40376 View attachment 40377

The case is really good, I saw a review on Simon Newton Blog - On the Kitchen Table, but is out of my budget.

Reactions: gogowanda
BVC really liked your case and order one. I seen you are using nails to hold the foam together. I'm going to try some circler velcro with some silicone glue to hold the velcro to the foam.
I did my cut out right off of you layout.
Thanks
Phxbird

I'm using the hardshell pack.
This is my setup.

Attachments

• image(1).jpg
    image(1).jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 551
  • image(2).jpg
    image(2).jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 549
  • image(3).jpg
    image(3).jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 453
  • image(4).jpg
    image(4).jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 551
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_20160106_121443.jpg
    IMG_20160106_121443.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20160112_162237.jpg
    IMG_20160112_162237.jpg
    841.9 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG-20160106-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20160106-WA0002.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG-20160106-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20160106-WA0004.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 570
I really like Go Professional Cases and their Limited Edition Backpacks. I have a hard case for each of my birds, but I use the backpack most of the time. It is carry-on size and works for both my Phantoms although it was originally for a P2 Vision.
image.jpeg

Backpack is desert tan, and very comfortable to wear.
image.jpeg

Everything fits nicely, including chargers, goggles, tablet, ect. I've even taken my 21" laptop in the compartment underneath the Phantom, not hiking, just on trips! Great backpack $239.00.

Reactions: ObiDon
View attachment 40621
Yup 20-23 minutes of fly time..love it 19.5 km total flight!!!!

20-23 minutes with added support??

..you're getting pretty crappy flight times if that's the case!! I get 20-23min on the factory battery..

Only thing I can think of is you're flying at extreme cold temps. Or in hurricanes. You may want to investigate

BVC really liked your case and order one. I seen you are using nails to hold the foam together. I'm going to try some circler velcro with some silicone glue to hold the velcro to the foam.
I did my cut out right off of you layout.
Thanks
Phxbird

You noticed the nails!!!

Actually.. the nails are in there just for accent lol. Gives it a cool/modern look... they serve 100% no benefit to the case other than looks.

However to keep thinks more firm I did hot glue all the layers together AFTER cutting my slots. I did this because with any case with multi-layer foam - sometimes the top layer will lift up if an item has a snug fit.

You noticed the nails!!!

Actually.. the nails are in there just for accent lol. Gives it a cool/modern look... they serve 100% no benefit to the case other than looks.

However to keep thinks more firm I did hot glue all the layers together AFTER cutting my slots. I did this because with any case with multi-layer foam - sometimes the top layer will lift up if an item has a snug fit.
How do you get to the hidden compartment then if its hot glued.

Well show me a 19km flight with your stock Dji battery and yes it is below 6-7-10 C

Well for starters I have no need to go 11/12 miles for any reason other than proof of endurance (which honestly I don't care about). 2nd flight time is my big ticket item. While I'm not in cold areas like you are all the time, I still stay in the 20 minute area when in colder temps. Naturally in your case I could see it as being a possible benefit but I'd rather just buy another battery than try to play electrical engineer with closed software.

More power to ya tho!

(haha yes, I made a funny!)

How do you get to the hidden compartment then if its hot glued.

The third layer (very bottom) is cut out to the (my) left side of the drone. I have to remove my bird to access the charger/cable. I just hot clued all the areas where the multiple layers would touch. Doesn't take much to keep it all together.

In the DJI hard pack for day tripping...

Bird, 2 sets of props, 4 batteries, Flytrex, RC, ItElite ant, gimbal guard, mini SD card case.

3B2CCCF1-A2DE-44B6-A718-A631EB6D69DC_zpsjdyxkjl0.jpg

iPad mini and filters...

AFC1341A-2EC9-498E-AA4D-46D2AA89689C_zpsquc5acce.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stulpin300m

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member