Show off your Cases!!

Thoughts on hard shell backpack/case vs soft backpack? Just ordered my P3A and want a case. Problem is, my fiancé would rather me keep the costs low as that was a stretch as it was. I saw some soft backpacks for $50 on Amazon but wasn't sure if I should look for hard suitcase instead.

What's your kit worth to you?

Thoughts on hard shell backpack/case vs soft backpack? Just ordered my P3A and want a case. Problem is, my fiancé would rather me keep the costs low as that was a stretch as it was. I saw some soft backpacks for $50 on Amazon but wasn't sure if I should look for hard suitcase instead.
If you want a hard case, I would recommend the one from MCM below; about $55-60 shipped. It has 3 layers of foam that you can customize to fit your drone; plenty of room for batteries, charger, 9.7" tablet, and other accessories. You can keep the props on but it's a snug fit.
22" Black Tactical Weatherproof Equipment Case | 22-24120 (2224120) | Distributed By MCM

Reactions: racquetballpimp
I've seen this but I guess I am also debating if I should get a backpack format.
Ultimately, having a robust travel case as well as a backpack would be ideal. They both have their pros and cons. It all depends on what purpose you need the case/pack to serve.
IMO, decide how and where (generally speaking) you'll be flying your Phantom and get the pack/case that makes the most sense.
*lots of pockets for random supplies and accessories is a bonus*

FWIW, I started with a hard case (Nanuk 950) and eventually picked up a backpack (GPC) as well. They're both fantastic options and they each have their own strengths.

Good luck!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452325123.932976.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452325136.852229.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452325191.015724.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452325243.808651.jpg

I tried many of the back bags thats one os the most practical as i ever had, it fits many of gadgets book notes the ipad mobile fone easy to carry and travel with it,

Reactions: ObiDon
View attachment 38662

This backpack for my P3. Light and easy to carry
There are pockets on both sides and zip compartment on the bottom side for ipad and others acessories

View attachment 38666
Funnily enough I have just ordered one of those. I want to go up onto the local hills and it looks odd lumping a 'suitcase' up there, but everyone has backpacks. I feel better just blending in. :)

Thanks for the info. By the look of it I have made the right choice.

Ultimately, having a robust travel case as well as a backpack would be ideal. They both have their pros and cons. It all depends on what purpose you need the case/pack to serve.
IMO, decide how and where (generally speaking) you'll be flying your Phantom and get the pack/case that makes the most sense.
*lots of pockets for random supplies and accessories is a bonus*

FWIW, I started with a hard case (Nanuk 950) and eventually picked up a backpack (GPC) as well. They're both fantastic options and they each have their own strengths.

Good luck!

I agree fully. While I love my hard case there are times I'm hiking to that perfect spot where lugging around a hard case on a trail of some sort is a total PITA! I have yet to buy a backpack for mine but it's in the wish list. The hard case is great for travel everywhere outside of a hike.

I went for one of the LowePro DroneGuard things. Seemed ideal to just chuck on the back seat of the car. But keeping an eye on this thread for a Roller case for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a slight mod so I can get my prop guards in the box.
My Case.JPG

Reactions: HueJorgan
View attachment 39261 View attachment 38753 View attachment 38752 ] Nanuk 950 over 10 inches deep what's is nice about this case lots of room for extras have modded this case to fit more chargers if you have the itelite antenna it can be left on your controller and still fit in case!!! Just go and fly no messing with antenna hook up.there is still more room under props for more cut outs!!! Also wanted taller landing gear on my p3 this case works great

I have this mod for my controller, similar to your's. Would the Nanuk 950 work for me or is there another case that would fit it? I thought about just a regular backpack to fit everything into. PHANTOM 3 STANDARD ADVANCED ANTENNA KIT INCLUDES PRIORITY SHIPPING

I have this mod for my controller, similar to your's. Would the Nanuk 950 work for me or is there another case that would fit it? I thought about just a regular backpack to fit everything into. PHANTOM 3 STANDARD ADVANCED ANTENNA KIT INCLUDES PRIORITY SHIPPING
Go pro case will work as well the thing to do is make sure your controller stands up in case.case must be at least 10 or 11 inches deep.if you have the itelite antenna mod it will be fine

Reactions: Reed L
Here is my phantompak. Well, it's a product of my company now but the original motivation was from a trip I took In Africa in 2014 w/ my P2. I had a hard time putting all my range extending antennas, prop guards, harness, charger, and the drone itself into a carry-on luggage. I was so pissed off so when I got back to the states I started to design my own backpack. The idea is to put as much as stuff in a backpack. Almost all the cases/packs out there use pre-cut foam core, which really wasted a lot of room. So what I did was to use "divider" walls kinda like the stock paper core. The walls are made of EVA and also work as structural support. Took me almost a year to get the final product. We've been making motorcycle touring luggage for 10 years and all the knowledge and resource made this possible. It'll fit all phantoms 1 to 3. Check it out. It's probably the most accommodating one out there. EVA shell and all.

BT-PHANTOM-PAK-P3__1.jpg BT-PHANTOM-PAK__11.jpg BT-PHANTOM-PAK__4.jpg

DJi's Hardshell Backpack - Came as part of the gift, so trying it out for awhile to see if it meets my needs.

12402072_1673482029566194_1991161730157072082_o.jpg
Well come on in, to the forum and Phantom family.
Just wanted to advise if you don't already, to place the cinch strap under the radio controller antennas, before you buckle her down.
I even run mine under the metal handle out back. Seems to fit best that way. Are you storing your iPad or other device, under the back/lid foam, during travel, too? Pretty handy for their simple storage system and near distant travel companion, what these hardshell backpacks turned out to be. I just love mine for its comfort & convenience of travelling light, especially while out on a rYde with my awesome SpYder RS-S. ;-)
What more could a poor boy desire? Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Cale262

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl