Should I update my phanton 3 advanced to the latest firmware 1.50030

Yes latest version is very stable. Go ahead and update. You would need to update App as well RC FW.
Do you have to update the remote controller also? DJI instructions suck! I actually plugged the micro sd card with new update into remote controller and it did nothing, so assumed it does not. My aircraft reads 1.5.3 and remote controller reads 1.4.3. Is this correct?

Hi there-
I updated my Phantom Adv to the latest fw and the transmitter as well.
The transmitter was done thru the iOS app.
I cannot fly it.
When I power everything on.
The app connects with the aircraft and I can see stuff thru the camera.
I am stuck at the top part of the app that says "Aircraft warming up" I cannot make it go past that.
It will not connect to any GPS satellites.
I am getting no battery data from the aircraft as well as other data but I am getting some data.
The flight mode says manual.

On top of that in the new iOS app I cannot find where to calibrate the IMU, the gimbal and the compass.

For now I am bricked.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Appreciate any help to get this in the air.

Metal Guru--did you ever get this resolved? Exact same issue here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Remote controller can't be updated using sd card any more. You need to install the latest DJI go app to update RC FW. Latest FW for RC is 1.5.70

ra
Remote controller can't be updated using sd card any more. You need to install the latest DJI go app to update RC FW. Latest FW for RC is 1.5.70
I have latest DJI app. Where in app do you go to update RC. Do you need Wifi connection for any download or does it update through aircraft?

ra

I have latest DJI app. Where in app do you go to update RC. Do you need Wifi connection for any download or does it update through aircraft?
Yes, you need an internet connection on the smart device. When you start Go, it will tell you if you need to update the RC and it will all be done from within the App.

You can also see what firmware everything is on by going to the general settings > about

Attachments

• File_000.jpg
    File_000.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 275
Thanks to DJI policy, now that they update on RMA my P3A, i can`t be back to 1.3.2 or sooner.

Why?

Because i keep like on 1.4 to have horrible drifting issues.

So....if .isn`t this a conspiracy, what it is???? Now who`s gonna solve my problem??

Sorry here the frustration, guys.

They fixed the drifting in the very-latest update. And they acknowledged that in their release notes.

I've always updated reasonably soon after each update, and have had only minor problems. Usually more is fixed than broken each time.

It's still new consumer-grade (not military or industrial) technology that's mass-produced and sold at a very-reasonable price for what it is.

As in the days of the first PCs (both Apple and Widows), each new OS and equipment-upgrade will bet better. We're at the very-dawn of this technology.

They fixed the drifting in the very-latest update. And they acknowledged that in their release notes.

I've always updated reasonably soon after each update, and have had only minor problems. Usually more is fixed than broken each time.

It's still new consumer-grade (not military or industrial) technology that's mass-produced and sold at a very-reasonable price for what it is.

As in the days of the first PCs (both Apple and Widows), each new OS and equipment-upgrade will bet better. We're at the very-dawn of this technology.
I think many of you are missing the point. Updates generally do fix problems and bugs, and add new features. However, lately, they are also deliberately removing functionality, and not disclosing it before you update. The drifting was fixed by throttling down the top speed. It may not drift now, but you can no longer fly as fast. By removing any rollback capability, once you update, you can no longer choose which feature is more important to you. You are stuck with their choices. It will be that way from here on out. You are no longer in control. DJI now fully controls what you can or cannot do, from now on, through both the firmware and the app. That's my concern, and it should be yours, too!:eek:

Reactions: aka1ceman
Updates generally do fix problems and bugs, and add new features. However, lately, they are also deliberately removing functionality, and not disclosing it before you update. The drifting was fixed by throttling down the top speed. It may not drift now, but you can no longer fly as fast.
That's very interesting - but before I take it seriously, are you going to back it up with some details?
What exactly do you think speeds are now?
And since you haven't updated and wouldn't know from personal experience ..... what is the source for this information?

This is what happened to me after I updated my phantom. Wont display any parameters such as battery, satellites, signal or even let me calibrate. Looks at my picture. im pissed

Attachments

• IMG_3826.PNG
    IMG_3826.PNG
    228.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
P3A here updated with latest firmware for aircraft and RC and also DJI go updated with latest version. It flies perfectly with not any problem

That's very interesting - but before I take it seriously, are you going to back it up with some details?
What exactly do you think speeds are now?
And since you haven't updated and wouldn't know from personal experience ..... what is the source for this information?
Does it really matter? Once you do take it seriously, based upon your prior answers, you will justify it by saying that people shouldn't be flying faster than 35 mph anyway, and it's a small price to pay for eliminating drift, and if it was your business, you probably would have done it, too. Besides, I thought you said were going to sit this one out. Lastly, it is just an example. The point was not about how they eliminated drift, but that every change they make is a compromise between how it was when you bought it, and how it will be when they are done tweaking it, the way they want and need it to be, to implement whatever government restrictions are coming. I make no judgement about that. It's just a reality we will have to accept, because the powers that be deem it to be in the interests of public safety, despite all real evidence to the contrary. The firmware and app updates are the means to lock down our birds as tightly as they want or need to, going forward, now that firmware rollbacks will no longer be possible. The government didn't just meet with industry leaders for fun. They wanted to know what the manufacturers could do to implement what they want done! The AMA boys already want to make us fly under their AMA Rules, so they are of no help to us, as they are lobbying the FAA to adopt their AMA Rules as the new Regs for hobbyist drone flying!

Does it really matter? Once you do take it seriously, based upon your prior answers, you will justify it by saying that people shouldn't be flying faster than 35 mph anyway, and it's a small price to pay for eliminating drift, and if it was your business, you probably would have done it, too.
Not at all ... Just as you have no idea what DJI's motivations are, you can't tell what I'm thinking.

But the whole point is that you use unsubstantiated non-facts to back up your paranoid delusions.
You did iot recently stating that DJI were forcing App updates and then confessed that you had no evidence of this but believed it to be true.
Now you come out saying that DJI cured the drift reported by only a small number of users by slowing everyone's Phantoms.
I haven't heard this from anywhere else and it sounds incredibly unlikely.
I strongly suspect that this is total garbage but was asking for something to back it up first.
Without any confirmation you can't expect anyone to believe this.

Anyone try fly the latest firmware indoor ?

Not at all ... Just as you have no idea what DJI's motivations are, you can't tell what I'm thinking.

But the whole point is that you use unsubstantiated non-facts to back up your paranoid
Have we not seem abilities removed from what we can do with these birds unannounced in the firmware? Is it not true DJI won't let us roll back if we don't like the unannounced imposed restrictions placed in the firmware? That is not paranoid, that has been factual.

Anyone try fly the latest firmware indoor ?
Yes I have. It flew OK. I flew inside my church. It did drift a little but that is probably due to poor sat. signal.

Have we not seem abilities removed from what we can do with these birds unannounced in the firmware? Is it not true DJI won't let us roll back if we don't like the unannounced imposed restrictions placed in the firmware? That is not paranoid, that has been factual.
If you read some of my posts above, I've addressed this and I'm not going over it again.
There are a few that think DJI has imposed restrictions but on examination, I can't see actual evidence of it. I mentioned significant evidence that it isn't true (P3 range and GEO) but these have been conveniently ignored.
We had Gadgetguy try to tell us that DJI forced his app to update - but it turned out that there was no confirmation - it was just a rumour he's heard and now he's come out with another one to back up his assertions that DJI wants to take your flying freedom.
Has anyone apart from Gadgetguy observed that the latest firmware has slowed your Phantom down? I'd be interested to hear.
If you want to get all conspiracy minded, you need facts to back up your theories.
Misinformation, distortion and rumours are the exact opposite and that's what Gadgetguy has presented.

If you read some of my posts above, I've addressed this and I'm not going over it again.
There are a few that think DJI has imposed restrictions but on examination, I can't see actual evidence of it. I mentioned significant evidence that it isn't true (P3 range and GEO) but these have been conveniently ignored.
We had Gadgetguy try to tell us that DJI forced his app to update - but it turned out that there was no confirmation - it was just a rumour he's heard and now he's come out with another one to back up his assertions that DJI wants to take your flying freedom.
Has anyone apart from Gadgetguy observed that the latest firmware has slowed your Phantom down? I'd be interested to hear.
If you want to get all conspiracy minded, you need facts to back up your theories.
Misinformation, distortion and rumours are the exact opposite and that's what Gadgetguy has presented.
...........So with the latest update you can just for 1 example fly higher than 500m above home point? Can you enlighten us on how you did it? And PLEASE show me in the release DJI notified us that this is now a height restriction since the original firmwares.......

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka