Should I take the leap to phantom 4

Reaction score
Hello, newbie to Phantom and so far loving it. I need some advise please. Recently purchased a phantom 3 advanced. Have only flown it about 5 times (very cold here) I am loving this drone. Yesterday I ran across a phantom 4 in a local pawn shop. Seemed to have everything that I would come with brand new. I could not find any type of flaw on the bird (no crack scratch or blemish. Here is my dilemma, it also comes with a iPad mini 4 that looks to be in perfect shape, and an extra battery. I can get this for $800.00 this seems to be a great deal. Should I sell my perfect phantom 3 advanced with a iPod mini 3 for $800 and get the phantom 4. I would love the extra speed and the jump to 4K. Probably wouldn't push the bird past a mile so the extra distance isn't the deal maker. I will be able to fly before purchase. ( short flight) What should I look for in the p4 to see if any potential problems. Don't have the luxury of lots of extra money, but if I could make this happen I would have a p4. What would you guys do?
Thanks for you opinions.

Jump on it the differences are huge

Are you sure you will be able to sell your P3A for ~800?

Reactions: SCGENE
No, but i think i can gett at least 800 if i include the ipad mini 3. Bird is perfect. 2 batts, official dji backpack case. Gimbal guard, 2 full sets carbon fiber props never opened. Extra set of dji props still in package. What do you think. I respect all if your opinions. Thanks

I don't know about buying one from a pawn shop, I'd be very careful - even if you can test fly it. You can get a refurb for $799 that includes a full warranty. This is pretty complex tech . . . my personal feeling is that it's not worth shaving off a few bucks up front and gambling that nothing will go wrong down the road. That's just me though, at the end of the day most things are a calculated risk.

I don't think a complete swap is in the cards yes I have reservations from buying from a pawn shop it seems to be in perfect condition though that's why I was asking if there's something I should look for in a short flight I also found out it comes with a iPad Mini 4 and 3 batteries that seems like a lot for 800 bucks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing