Shocking disregard for the law - London Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Phantom 4 in sports mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: m0j0
I'm sure I saw black motor arms in shot??
Many of us have black.
c65f1e299bc37216d3b32eb683d52ac6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There has been nothing wrong with my posts and I did ask you to correct me and provide accurate facts but you decided to side step and and try to belittle me instead of educate. Maybe you are having a bad day, perhaps you read the tone of my posts different to who they were meant, but coming to a forum and being rude and not constructive, well that itself is part of the rules that you so gracefully felt the need to remind me.
Well... lets just back things up a bit.
First off - if one of your posts here was removed, I didn't see it, so I cannot comment on it.
Your first interaction with me was a post where you (as I read it) flippantly accused me of "tarring everyone with the same brush."
Your second post directed at me stated in a (as I read it) patronizing tone; "You clearly know better than me..."
I had no desire to respond to a post with that tone in any helpful manner.

Now that I know you were truly seeking an education, let me oblige;
There is no rule in the UK nor the USA that take precedent over the others, as you stated the LOS rule does.
All the rules are of equal importance and potentially carry equal consequences when not followed.

I assume you are in the UK:

When you fly a drone in the UK it is your responsibility to be aware of the rules that are in place to keep everyone safe.

Follow these simple steps to make sure you are flying safely and legally.

The Dronecode
  • Make sure you can see your drone at all times and don't fly higher than 400 feet
  • Always keep your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields
  • Use your common sense and fly safely; you could be prosecuted if you don't.
Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:

• within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures
  • over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events
Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority

Last edited:
Ok, explain.. why would anyone want to paint or dip a phantom 4 in black out of ALL colours?

Seems a bit silly
Because it is the opposite of white, because we like the color, because in the Pacific Northwest's perpetually grey skies, black is far more visible than white, because of a million other reasons...

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Pay well over a grand for a drone, strip it down to paint it black out of all colours...

I'd rather take a **** in my hands and clap..

Pay well over a grand for a drone, strip it down to paint it black out of all colours...

I'd rather take a **** in my hands and clap..
You know you can do that if you want to Right, Just like Tony wanted his black. lol

It makes no sense to me to paint a drone black, apart from helping in sunny days.

Why not get a skin for it? Rather than stripping it down to dip or spray which will chip, scratch or flake off in the long run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing