Severe Storms and Drones

Reaction score
Anyone caught a tornado on drone video yet?! We have severe weather moving in with a tornado watch. I'm heading out to have a look-see.

Anyone caught a tornado on drone video yet?! We have severe weather moving in with a tornado watch. I'm heading out to have a look-see.
Your drone could get sucked into the tornado. :eek:

Your drone could get sucked into the tornado. :eek:
No, I would never get that close lol!! Got me a little handheld 2-meter transceiver to monitor the local ham storm chasers.
6e88144452cdad039b0eb32f466d28a7.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
I'd say do it, than post the footage. :frowning:

teather the drone to the ground and capture some awesome shots

upload_2016-4-16_17-23-55.png

tornado got um

I practice flying in the wind in atti just for one and we have lots here .The F5 we had that came through several years ago and got Smithville
I had to do SAR in was all on foot then, the one that hit Tupelo had someone with a drone doing the aftermath of it and that's when I
got my first one . My P2V handles the wind a lot better than my Standard but me stays ready. Most hit at nite here and I don't care for that .
Like to see what's coming at me .

weren't you just complaining about how dangerous people are with drones? what if your drone gets sucked away and lands on some kids head? haha. hypocrite.

What I've found here when we do get tornado warnings/sightings, the "storm" that comes along with it has hail and usually high gusting winds which would make flying nearly impossible. Tornados usually come with a Thunderstorms so flying isn't a good idea anyways...

More power to you and good luck if you decide to do it....

weren't you just complaining about how dangerous people are with drones? what if your drone gets sucked away and lands on some kids head? haha. hypocrite.
He was But your calling someone a name which makes me think you forgot to read these Community Guidelines
when you joined .:)

Reactions: riverphantom3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94