Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Barsoom said:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting v5. Your profile is the reason I decided to replace my stock transmitter.

Question: The instructions on Page 1 say that for calibration, all switches should be in the back-most position except for SB. I'm wondering if that's leftover from v4, because to me it seems like SB should be in the back-most position but SC should be in the middle now. Is that correct? Likewise, the last sentence in that same paragraph talks about putting SB in the middle position to calibrate X1, but I think maybe now it should be SC in the middle position - right?

Also, can you describe how to change the timer limit for multiple beeps from 15 minutes to a different value? I'd like to change mine to about 12 minutes - my P2 needs to go on a diet...

Thanks,
Jeff

You're correct with the switches. If SB wasn't in the back position you'll not be able to execute a CSC.

For the timer, use the jog wheel to select ST1 on the home screen then hit RTN. This brings up the timer settings where you can change the value to anything you like.

Cheers,

Rory

ianwood said:
6. Auto YAW on SE and LD.
  • DOWN: Off.
    MIDDLE: YAW based on LD trim.
    DOWN: YAW and ROLL based on LD trim (circle around an object).

Thanks for doing this ianwood!

Is that last sentence a typo? Shouldn't it read "UP"?

ianwood Sir, I would like to swap the functions of SB and SC. Also I prefer to use LS rather than RS for the gimbal slider. Could you help me with this change?

Never mind... I figured it out. :)

Thank you Ian and everyone who helped out with the V5. I am using it on my 14sg, and it is AMAZING! Great work!

ianwood said:
3. Triple rate flight controls on SB set up to help with filming especially reducing yaw sensitivity:
  • UP: full linear controls. (Note: The UP position is away from you.)
    MIDDLE: YAW 75% -35 expo, PITCH 100% -25 expo, ROLL 100% -25 expo.
    DOWN: YAW 75% -50 expo, PITCH 90% -35 expo, ROLL 90% -35 expo.

ianwood, I just flew this new profile. For my taste, the down position of the triple rate switch is too sensitive in yaw. I readjusted to 60% with 50% expo. and like that much better. Will play with it some more on the next couple of flights. Love everything else though! :)

Ianwood - Thank you so much for your excellent work on this. I have been flying v4 with no problems and can't wait to install v5. I do have a question about the gimble auto-tilt (moved to the other side in v5, I notice). When I switch it up or down, it works as intended, but the motion is like a series of small and rapid "notch" movements rather than a smooth motion. The slider moves it with a much smoother motion. Is this normal? I should note that my gimble is made by FaiyuTech which might be the difference. Any suggestions on an adjustment I might try? Thanks again!

bas4241 said:
Ianwood - Thank you so much for your excellent work on this. I have been flying v4 with no problems and can't wait to install v5. I do have a question about the gimble auto-tilt (moved to the other side in v5, I notice). When I switch it up or down, it works as intended, but the motion is like a series of small and rapid "notch" movements rather than a smooth motion. The slider moves it with a much smoother motion. Is this normal? I should note that my gimble is made by FaiyuTech which might be the difference. Any suggestions on an adjustment I might try? Thanks again!

I know this is addressed to ianwood, but hopefully you won't mind my input. No... that is not normal. I have the Zenmuse H3-3D on my P2 running v3.06 software and it's smooth as butter with the switch and the slider. My guess is that your FaiyuTech gimbal is the issue.

Thanks! All input always welcome....I suspect I need to adjust a rate or sensitivity on the switch. The slider moves it as smooth as silk, so I know the gimble can do it. That switch feature in addition to the slider is very handy...if I can just smooth it out a little.

I will be installing my 70008SB receiver into my F550(800mm arms), Today. Hopefully it binds with the 14SGH which is running version 5, and is set up for the P2. I'm hoping it binds, and that things go smoothly. I've read the instructions many times-so I think I got this.

Question; is there a way to turn the Right Dial(RD), into channel X2-to change gains, without losing IOC?
I was looking through Naza and noticed that IOC(home lock/course lock), uses X2...??
I'm currently running the EZ UHF system, on the RC page it says Traditional-I know I need to change that to D-bus. Also-have been using X2 to adjust gains, so IOC was off on this remote setup.

EDIT: I got it installed!!! And-I don't think there is any way to use X2 w/o losing IOC.
So, the remote bound to the receiver with only 1 small problem-I had the aircraft hooked up to Naza, and was having trouble binding, when I remember that the RC was set to "Traditional", and not D-bus. When I changed that-it bound immediately on Fasstest-12.
That is different that on the P2. I believe the P2 binds with Multifasst G.
I calibrated the remote in Naza and confirmed all switches worked-disconnected from Naza and re-verified with a ground run in my office.
Took me longer to take the top off, than it did for me to plug in, and stick the receiver onto the frame.

Will this model work with the T8FG non super?

I am new to futaba and can only find a T8FG, I cannot seem to find a super. Wondering if the T8FG would function the same.

quality control said:
Will this model work with the T8FG non super?

I am new to futaba and can only find a T8FG, I cannot seem to find a super. Wondering if the T8FG would function the same.

Ebay has them. Futaba quit making the T8FG(S) a while back so you won't find any at a retail dealer.

I currently have my Futaba receiver 7008SB connected to Naza via S-bus. I'm using V5 profile on my 14SGH. Can anyone tell me which channel on the receiver I can plug a servo lead in, to control some lights-and, how do I set up 1 switch to turn the lights on/off?
Also-does anyone know how much amperage is safe, for the servo to power the lights? The lights will accept 5 volts just fine. But-they're strobes, so they draw up to 1000mah for 80ms. I'm thinking of powering them off a dual volt BEC, but using the ground and signal wire off the receiver-to turn the lights on/off.

I just picked up this radio on Ebay and set it up today. I still have some more testing and checking to do, but so far it works great.

I am using it with stock P2 receiver.

But I heard that an Orange receiver will work... Like this one... Is this true? Are there any drawbacks to using the Orange rx verus the $130 original Futaba rx?

witold said:
I just picked up this radio on Ebay and set it up today. I still have some more testing and checking to do, but so far it works great.

But I heard that an Orange receiver will work... Like this one... Is this true? Are there any drawbacks to using the Orange rx verus the $130 original Futaba rx?

I've never had an issue with the stock P2 receiver and this radio. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

DesertFlyer53 said:
witold said:

I've never had an issue with the stock P2 receiver and this radio. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

To get that extra channel for a camera trigger...

Although I wonder if I can use the gimbal tilt channel for camera trigger...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164