Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

I am going to upload v5 which has different triple rate settings for yaw as I found the new firmware needed to have them tweaked a bit. I just need to update the instructions and diagrams first.

ianwood said:
I am going to upload v5 which has different triple rate settings for yaw as I found the new firmware needed to have them tweaked a bit. I just need to update the instructions and diagrams first.
Cool, can't wait. I already have 2 spots on my 14SGH with the same versions; 1 for the Phantom 2, and 1 for the F800. Haven't installed the Futaba receiver in the F800 yet.

I'm running the latest firmware, and don't see too much difference when using the middle position on triple rate-which is the one I normally fly with. yaw rate seems fine....
Thanks for doing this.

ianwood said:

Hi ianwood! Nice to see you back on this thread. I'm looking forward for v5. Question... will there be exponential settings in this new version? I think I remember someone mentioning it on this thread a few pages back.

ianwood said:

Hi ianwood,

A lot of people didn't use latest fw. Because we think some battery level bug in latest fw. If you adjust battery level ın 3.04 after upgrade 3.06 device sometimes problem. After that if you return to 3.04 you can see old battery level still remember. This is the problem...

Anyway we are waiting update from you.

I've got many flights on 3.06 with 3 different batteries, and never had a single problem. Make sure the box that says "land" on battery levels is un-checked.

I am not aware of any battery issues specific to 3.06. There are a number of battery issues but none tied to the latest firmware AFAIK. Anyway, I can only base the profile on what I've got which is 3.06. It shouldn't be much different -- if at all -- on older firmwares.

ianwood said:
I am not aware of any battery issues specific to 3.06. There are a number of battery issues but none tied to the latest firmware AFAIK. Anyway, I can only base the profile on what I've got which is 3.06. It shouldn't be much different -- if at all -- on older firmwares.

OK :) we are waiting new release...

Regards

Ianwood - I like how you installed the Futaba receiver inside the Phantom 2. Do you have any regrets on it's placement?

Anyone else have any comment on it's placement?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 356
I am on V4 and flying has been great, thanks Ian. I am now exploring the other switches and when I toggle SB "gimbal auto tilt" nothing happens. Any ideas? The timer resets when toggling SH so I know V4 is loaded. Thanks.

PhantomPhreak said:
I am on V4 and flying has been great, thanks Ian. I am now exploring the other switches and when I toggle SB "gimbal auto tilt" nothing happens. Any ideas? The timer resets when toggling SH so I know V4 is loaded. Thanks.
You have to have SB in the middle position...move right slider to the center; you then have auto-tilt. the camera will be tilted down 45 degree's with the RS in the middle. Move SB to up-and the camera will slowly move up to 0 degree's. Switch down 1 position; camera will slowly tilt down 45 degree's. Full down, camera will slowly tilt down 90 degree's.

Basically, you must have the right slider in the middle position for this to work.
Also-if you have the SB switch in the up position; your right slider won't work. So, keep SB in the middle.
Also-no matter what position you have the RS in, if you move SB to the down position, it will slowly tilt the camera straight down. Move it back up 1 position and it will return to 45 degree's, or the RS position.

havasuphoto said:
PhantomPhreak said:
You have to have SB in the middle position...move right slider to the center; you then have auto-tilt. the camera will be tilted down 45 degree's with the RS in the middle. Move SB to up-and the camera will slowly move up to 0 degree's. Switch down 1 position; camera will slowly tilt down 45 degree's. Full down, camera will slowly tilt down 90 degree's.

Basically, you must have the right slider in the middle position for this to work.
Also-if you have the SB switch in the up position; your right slider won't work. So, keep SB in the middle.
Also-no matter what position you have the RS in, if you move SB to the down position, it will slowly tilt the camera straight down. Move it back up 1 position and it will return to 45 degree's, or the RS position.

Thanks. I tried above an it still doesn't work. I took it for a test flight and found the SF Failsafe and triple rate doesnt work either. All the other switches, S2 IOC and S1 GPS/Atti/Failsafe work. I suspect I didn't get it loaded properly. I will try reloading the profile again before my next outing. Thanks again..

V5 is alive! Download here: T8FGS profile v5 for Phantom 2

Changes:

• New triple rate settings to improve smooth transitions for filming.
  • Auto Yaw - Uses SE and LD to auto-rotate around an object.
  • Switched gimbal and triple rate controls so both gimbal controls are on the same side.

Functions in v5

1. All the basic flight controls of the stock P2 transmitter including similarly positioned "S1" and "S2" switches.

2. A timer that starts when you take off and stops when you shut the motors off. It will beep every minute and then a series of beeps will occur after 15 minutes to remind you to check your battery condition.

3. Triple rate flight controls on SB set up to help with filming especially reducing yaw sensitivity:
  • UP: full linear controls. (Note: The UP position is away from you.)
    MIDDLE: YAW 75% -35 expo, PITCH 100% -25 expo, ROLL 100% -25 expo.
    DOWN: YAW 75% -50 expo, PITCH 90% -35 expo, ROLL 90% -35 expo.
4. Smooth gimbal control. The SC 3-way switch will move the gimbal from its current position smoothly up or down depending on position.

5. Forced fail-safe. Switch SF will force the Naza into failsafe mode regardless of mode switch position.

6. Auto YAW on SE and LD.
  • DOWN: Off.
    MIDDLE: YAW based on LD trim.
    UP: YAW and ROLL based on LD trim (circle around an object).

t8fgs-controls.jpg

Full instructions and details in the first post of this thread.

Oh Boy, perfect timing!! I was getting ready to reload V4. Thank You, Thank You, to infinity and beyond.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting v5. Your profile is the reason I decided to replace my stock transmitter.

Question: The instructions on Page 1 say that for calibration, all switches should be in the back-most position except for SB. I'm wondering if that's leftover from v4, because to me it seems like SB should be in the back-most position but SC should be in the middle now. Is that correct? Likewise, the last sentence in that same paragraph talks about putting SB in the middle position to calibrate X1, but I think maybe now it should be SC in the middle position - right?

Also, can you describe how to change the timer limit for multiple beeps from 15 minutes to a different value? I'd like to change mine to about 12 minutes - my P2 needs to go on a diet...

Thanks,
Jeff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor