Setting for first flight

Reaction score
OK guys,,Im gearing up for the first flight. I upgraded the firmware on both the bird and RC. Going to tweak the camera settings and the yaw a bit before I launch. Need to do a compass and IMU cal first.
Can I do the IMU on the kitchen granite counter top inside and the compass inside or do I need to do both outside?

I wouldn't tweak ANYTHING until you try it first. Do the compass calibration before you fly. Do it outside away from any metal, just like the manual says. I wouldn't calibrate the IMU unless there's a problem with it. What are you tweaking about the yaw settings? In any case, be careful and have a blast. Also set your RTH high enough to clear anything around you.

Reactions: flpholt
I wouldn't tweak ANYTHING until you try it first. Do the compass calibration before you fly. Do it outside away from any metal, just like the manual says. I wouldn't calibrate the IMU unless there's a problem with it. What are you tweaking about the yaw settings? In any case, be careful and have a blast. Also set your RTH high enough to clear anything around you.
to 35 for the yaw. Just to slow down the stick a bit instead of fast at a liitle bit of movement

Reactions: Pharm
Can I do the IMU on the kitchen granite counter top inside
You can calibrate the IMU on any level surface (check it with a level). Also, you'll want to make sure your Phantom is not disturbed while the calibration is running. So, don't do anything that would cause the leveled surface to vibrate (e.g. walking around your kitchen while it's calibrating).

I flew the first time yesterday evening for a bit.Had to use my phone as the TAB A did not connect for me again. I did calibrated the compass but let the IMU alone. I did a firmware upgrade the day before. Should I still calibrate the IMU since it had new firmware downloaded. I saw some place to do it or sometimes not to.
What does the IMU exactly do. What is recommended?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl