Sending someone to GPS point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upload or hand enter coordinates of the waypoint(s) to DJI GS or Litchi, then have to drone fly to that waypoint.

Or inverse from the launch position to the waypoint position. This will give you an azimuth and distance. Now use DJI Go 4 app and navigate that direction and distance, it is displayed at the top center of screen.

Ok guy's let tell him the way to do it!. Bring your drone in and land no more than 3 feet away from you, with your right foot, not your left, stomp on your bird no more than 3 times, this will beat the info out of the craft. Take the data and go to the super market and get yourself a free range chicken.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Sorry guys... the idea was not to get carried away with the whole hunting example ... maybe my bad..

As far as I know there is not a way to see a GPS coordinate.......
Hi DeonMap, A miniature gps tracker attached to the drone might work such as this....

Give your "search team" the mobile number of the sim in the tracker, then once you have spotted the "incident" from the drone instruct your "team" to dial into the gps tracker so that they can receive the sms coordinates directly from the tracker and then track via google maps on their smartphone.

Good luck

Soon, we'll be hunting humans this way... oh wait we already are, from air conditioned rooms deep in the deserts on military bases.

I want to use my drone to assist hunters to find the animals they want to shoot. Normally that takes time, searching for the game in a wide open space - which takes time and money - driving while searching..

If I fly the drone over the area where the game should be, and I spot them, I want to send the hunters to a point - I assume I can send them a GPS coordinate where they must go to.

The question - is - HOW do I get the info I see on my screen, linked to a GPS coordinate which I can then use a normal GPS to go to the location?

Maybe my fellow pilots have better ideas?

Against the law .... and If I were to see anyone doing this I'd take appropriate action...

You can download a .csv (or .kml) file of your flight from HealthyDrones.com that contains lat/lon data.

Sorry guys... the idea was not to get carried away with the whole hunting example ... maybe my bad..

I just use that as an example, Let me try another example...

Natural disasters ... same principle - I fly over an area... I do have people ON THE GROUND with a normal GPS. I spot some people or interesting ... I need to give the people on the ground something how to get to THAT SPECIFIC spot - I see in my disply. In my reference, I was thinking about a GPS coordinate, but maybe you have a better solution.

As far as I know there is not a way to see a GPS coordinate.

Maybe the opposite - I understand tap fly etc - but can I send the drone to a GPS coordinate?

If you buy Litchi under the settings there is an option to turn on the Longitude-Latitude/GPS coordinates. That should get you what you want.

The only other way I saw was to view the flight log, there appeared to be nothing available in-flight telemetry on DJI GO 4

If you run a survey, such as with Map Pilot, the individual JPG files carry GPS coordinates. The information is in the UAV, but until now I don't think there has been much demand for that information. And please don't give Sarah Palin any ideas.

Regarding the hunting idea, forget the law. It's totally unethical IMHO. It's like abortion, you don't even give it chance to survive with that tactic.

Can't say if you are beeing sarcastic or not.
I won't comment it more than that, 'cause hunters and anti-abortion guys kind of gives me the creeps... but hey, at least everybody is free to do whatever they want.

Althought seeing how fast technologies are going, I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years they release weapon equipped drone - you won't even have to get gps point, just fly and shoot...!

The anti-hunting guys have me rolling...Have you ever eaten anything? Well, then you've pulled the trigger.. The guy asked for help, not your hyper lib opinions on hunting. Be helpful

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The anti-hunting guys have me rolling...Have you ever eaten anything? Well, then you've pulled the trigger.. The guy asked for help, not your hyper lib opinions on hunting. Be helpful

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not anti-hunting - and I knew people would react like you (if you're even talking about me ?).

But there's a big difference between hunting in order to eat, and hunting for fun, just to kill animals.
And hunting for food isn't really necessary nowadays. We have plenty enought of meat in giant animals farms.
But indeed there's still sometimes a real reason to go hunting such as limiting the population of certain species.

I know there is real responsible hunters and I'm not talking about them - unfortunatly in my country and region, there's a lot of stupid hunters, going hunting beeing almost drunk and all (assholes in short), just looking to something to kill, and there's been accident more often than it should.

By the way, to answer OP, like other said, you can get the logs of your flight and you'll find GPS informations there.
But that might not be useful to you, since you probably want to get the info fast. Maybe litchi is the way to go !

If you buy Litchi under the settings there is an option to turn on the Longitude-Latitude/GPS coordinates. That should get you what you want.

The only other way I saw was to view the flight log, there appeared to be nothing available in-flight telemetry on DJI GO 4

If you run a survey, such as with Map Pilot, the individual JPG files carry GPS coordinates. The information is in the UAV, but until now I don't think there has been much demand for that information. And please don't give Sarah Palin any ideas.

Hi DeonMap, A miniature gps tracker attached to the drone might work such as this....

Give your "search team" the mobile number of the sim in the tracker, then once you have spotted the "incident" from the drone instruct your "team" to dial into the gps tracker so that they can receive the sms coordinates directly from the tracker and then track via google maps on their smartphone.

Good luck

Upload or hand enter coordinates of the waypoint(s) to DJI GS or Litchi, then have to drone fly to that waypoint.

Or inverse from the launch position to the waypoint position. This will give you an azimuth and distance. Now use DJI Go 4 app and navigate that direction and distance, it is displayed at the top center of screen.

In case you haven't read between the 'bashing' posts, some people indeed helped him !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl