Samsung Galaxy tab s2 for phantom 3 pro

Okay I know I've been on this subject for awhile but, it has not gone away.
I got on the live chat line (dji help) and told them about the problem. Their first response was "before we chat tell us how you feel"
and gave me the choice of 5 moji's. Before that, I said I really like this drone but I would like to fix my problem. No answer so I clicked on the
Moji gave it a 3 untill I fix my problem.
Next text said This chat is over. and was not able to connect again. Still can"t guess they got my ip and they are done with me.
What can I say..........WOW! Still have my LAG problem.

Here is my list of suggestions: Get Zapper Task Killer - kill all tasks before you fly. Whichever app you plan to use (litchi or dji go) on a given day, go in to application manager and force stop the other one (at least until dji fixes the SDK error that leaves a process running in the background). Make sure you have a premium, high speed cable. Make sure your rc antennas are set parallel - that creates an electronic resonance that increases your signals. Try to keep your rc antennas parallel to the vertical antennas in the Phantom legs.

I have no problems with using a S2 9.7". It fits in the holder with 2 clicks. I also bought a sun shield made for an ipad air 2 that works. I did have to cut it for the plug though. The only downside is there are not a lot of accessories for it.
Which sunshade did you get? I am looking for one for my S2 9.7". Thanks.

Last edited:
I have the Galaxy Tab S2 8" and haven't been able to make it connect to my radio control. I have installed the latest firmware updates on both the remote control and on the Phantom 3 proffesional, reinstalled the DJU Go software, activated the USB debugging and nothing it just does not connect. Any one else is having the same problem?
Yeah, I have a real hard time connecting my P4 to my Tab S2. When I first set it all up, I was able to connect and fly. Then the next AM, no connect. Used the DJI Assistant to -re-update firmware on the bird and VOILA! it connected and I few. Then after turning off the bird and turning it back on again, I could not connect again. I ended up using my Note 4.

It sounds to me that your USB default on your tab s2 has been set to a different app. I don't think it has anything to do with the firmware. Also check with a different usb cable, just in case the one you have is going bad.

It sounds to me that your USB default on your tab s2 has been set to a different app. I don't think it has anything to do with the firmware. Also check with a different usb cable, just in case the one you have is going bad.

Hi Albert, is it possible for you to run the Antutu benchmark score for the Tab S2 9.7"? My chinese tablet (Mediatek T805C) has a score of 63780 while my Galaxy Note 4 has 61398 but Note 4 runs smoother, even with the AZ Screen Recorder on. Many thanks.

My TAB S2 9.7 32GB LTE got 66908 on Antutu Benchmark v6.1.4. Ran again immediately after a restart and got 63500 (approx) then ran again a while later after using it some and got 68388. Tested my Samsung Note 5, back to back tests, and got 65528 then 85874. My Tab S2 is still Android 5.1.1, my Note 5 recently updated to Android 6.0.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoctro
My TAB S2 9.7 32GB LTE got 66908 on Antutu Benchmark v6.1.4. Ran again immediately after a restart and got 63500 (approx) then ran again a while later after using it some and got 68388. Tested my Samsung Note 5, back to back tests, and got 65528 then 85874. My Tab S2 is still Android 5.1.1, my Note 5 recently updated to Android 6.0.1.

Yeah, it varies if it has running apps. The best way is to use ShutApp to shut down all apps running on the background for each run. However, all of your scores are better than mine, so I will get a Tab S2 soon. Thank you for your time, much appreciated!

I bought this tablet a few months back . It's very laggy and grainy 200ft out. Any idea why? Is there something not set right on it? I've been stumped awhile now. I miss that large screen! I'm flying with my iPad mini 2. Not bad but miss bigger one.
1467381080511.jpg

I have the P4 with the Samsung S2. I was extremely frustrated with the inconsistencies with tethering and linking the controller with the DJI GO app. After a few hundred different sequences, I found one that works and made a youtube video of the process.

Be sure to clear any "memory of the connected device" of the tablet when connecting to the radio.. never check the checkbox when the flash screen appears.

Reactions: Andy Hershberger
Just picked up my S2 9.7. It will show the map overlay in both Litchi and GO but will not show the live view. I've enabled USB debugging. After a few minutes I do get a message on the tablet saying it cannot connect via USB with a suggestion that I change cables. I have tried the USB cable that came with the controller and the one that came with the tablet. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have the P4 with the Samsung S2. I was extremely frustrated with the inconsistencies with tethering and linking the controller with the DJI GO app. After a few hundred different sequences, I found one that works and made a youtube video of the process.

Be sure to clear any "memory of the connected device" of the tablet when connecting to the radio.. never check the checkbox when the flash screen appears.

Thanks. I just posted a request for help for my P3 before I saw this. Starting the bird before the controller is something that is counter-intuitive to me too. I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: LEONARD TANGUAY
Guys please note there are a few version of the S2. In N.A. there is last years vr. Which is model #T710 and the new model which is the T713. (8" vr.)
I could not get the T713 to work properly with the DJI App, it had a LOT of trouble connecting to the USB. When I returned I got the older model T710 and it works just fine.
When using more than one app and changing between them I still have to go into settings and tell the P3 apps they aren't the default for the USB. Then I'll get to select which app to use when when an app is fired up. With Android 6 we no longer have the prompt to tell Android to use this app "only once" :(
Don't know why they changed this in the latest Android vr. because it's a pain!
No noticeable video lag here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl